You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: skyrim

Neemo wrote:

Best game ever...and the expansion kicks ass too

I'm on my third character

First was an elf thief/mage/assassin with light armour destruction magic and SNL swords
Then an orc warrior with heavy armour and a warhammer
Now a pure mage w/ conjuration,alteration & illusion

Anyone here play?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yes and completely open ended u can do whatever whenever however and in any direction

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I just started playing again. I just finished up the Dark Brotherhood quest line. I always get addicted for a bit, then put it away, and the cycle continues haha.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I love me some elder scrolls.   I first discovered it about 10 years ago when they released Morrowind on the original xbox.  I'm not normally into the whole "thou art swords" type of games, but the elder scrolls series is just so addicting.  I grabbed Dawnguard when it was released last week...first time I touched the game in about a month.  Now I've been playing it non stop and still havent even touched the expansion pack. 

@Russ - its awesome, but if you value your free time, stay the hell away from it.

johndivney wrote:

i actually just started playing this.
i never liked elder scrolls before, i loathed Oblivion, so i wasnt even gonna bother w/this. but i eventually gave in.

tbh... it's p good. but i dunno if i'm playing it right. it just doesn't seem very exciting.
& i admit i do have problems w/non-linear games, like it not having a set plot to advance thru the game. or maybe it does & ive missed it, as it's gotten buried under the quest list.

i'm a level 9 atm. think i'm imperial person & have heavy armour w/a steel greatsword.
am i playing it right?
i've just been to the temple to learn the 2nd word of the dragon shout & the first part of the speed blast/run shout & now they've sent me to retrieve something..
had a bit of a fright w/a snow troll on the way up the 7000 steps but eventually gave up & just ran past him.

is there any hints you guys can give me to make it more enjoyable? it just seems like a grind at the minute, especially to level up.... & tbh am not even sure about how to work the leveling up system.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dunno pick what you wanna level up and stick with 4 or 5 skill trees and getting perks in those trees, you will become more powerful that way

i recommend smithing (go up the right side as that is mostly heavy armour and get arcane smithing so you can improve your magic stuff...a cheap, albiet boring way to level up smithing is to make iron daggers like mad), two handed weapons, heavy armour (when i did my 2 handed weapon guy i also used enchanting and alchemy to just max out everything as much as a could, ended up with a warhammer that did around 400 damage with each hit and an armour class of 1700 lol)

the main quest is the shouts and dragons

try the companions questline in whiterun if you are a warrior, its fun....2 handed weapons are fun

you can also try the assassin questline (go to windhelm and talk to the boy in his house, you have to pick the lock to get in)

also do some of the daedric quests....(eventually someone in a tavern will want you to have a drinking contest...do it...best quest in the game) or another one is go to markarth and help buddy into the abandoned house

you can also choose either the stormcloaks (starts in windhelm) or imperial questline (solitude) as well for some fighting fun

theives guild is a pretty good storyline too...

i have played through 5 or 6 different character builds (though i actually only beat the game once)

basically if you play it try to get into the character insttead of just going into dungeon after dungeon....if you can kinda role play your way through a bit it makes it more enjoyable....and some pretty comical stuff can happen

uespwiki is a great (free) resource

johndivney wrote:

Ty man, that clarifys a lot

I'll be able to get more outta it now I understand it better. In fairness it already has gotten under my skin - I spend a lotta time thinking about it, & what I've to do & do next, in the hours before I get to play again. I am a little worried that if I do start to really enjoy it it'll completely overtake my life.

johndivney wrote:

well neemo, after reading A Song of Ice & Fire i was tempted to go back to Skyrim. i started it again, knowing what i was doing this time. i've been playing it straight -  a nord, one handed weapon etc.
i was off work last monday & musta clocked about 18hours of play in the one day!
am currently level 27/8 & have at least 80+ hours, if not 90+ played.

have enjoyed this playthru far far more. got to grips w/the magic n shit this time. it's ridiculous really. so much to do. i've been trying to keep my mission list under control & ive been somewhat successful in that. been doing the dark brotherhood & theives guild & joined the rebellion. hopefully today i get to a bit more of the rebellion but i'll prob get distracted!

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

also do some of the daedric quests....(eventually someone in a tavern will want you to have a drinking contest...do it...best quest in the game) or another one is go to markarth and help buddy into the abandoned house

they were fucking class.
there were a few quests that really stuck out i was so pumped i actually thought "i gotta get on gnrevo & say to neemo about this!"
but i've forgotten them now! do so much it's impossible to remember w/o having the mission list in front of me.

Board footer