You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: so what did i miss?

monkeychow wrote:

I've got a theory.

Didn't it turn out to be the same show where Izzy appeared?

I'm guessing Izzy's contract didn't extend into PPV rights. Or he would get a PPV bonus and they didn't want to share.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you're not going to do anything but sell stuff, they were the perfect choice.

In their defense, us fans have been begging for years for the opportunity to purchase band related stuff.

Although, I think we were all hoping more along the lines of new music, DVD's, etc. roll Well, you can't win'em all.

They did coordinate some cool pay per view events, I'll give them that.  Not sure what the hell happened with the last one though.  Never did get a real good explanation on that one.

Nobody bought it.  I don't think we need to wait for them to tell us that.

Oh I agree that's why it was nixed as a Pay Per View event, but they said they'd be releasing it at a later date in some form or fashion.  Well, it's later.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Am I paranoid with my Izzy connection?

Given the band had done a few PPV shows without incident...just seemed odd that it was the Izzy gig where the plug was suddenly pulled.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nah, I think it just came down to the fact that they didn't get enough PPV buys to cover costs and profit.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

Oh I agree that's why it was nixed as a Pay Per View event, but they said they'd be releasing it at a later date in some form or fashion.  Well, it's later.

Another little white lie..

R u on the official forum? Maybe they'll be able to answer what later means..??

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I know this is wishful thinking, but what if they thought "Hey, let's use the Izzy gimmick to try to use this show to sell a Bluray/DVD?"

Thoughts?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

In their defense, us fans have been begging for years for the opportunity to purchase band related stuff.

Although, I think we were all hoping more along the lines of new music, DVD's, etc. roll Well, you can't win'em all.

They did coordinate some cool pay per view events, I'll give them that.  Not sure what the hell happened with the last one though.  Never did get a real good explanation on that one.

Nobody bought it.  I don't think we need to wait for them to tell us that.

We're still waiting for the Better video, I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Soon is the word!

Do you realize that anybody that uses that phrase in real life, immediately makes me think of GN'R, and immediately pisses me off?

I usually say, "no it's not. Trust me, I know from experience".

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Or my fave, "a hairs breadth".

Because we know that can mean a lot.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If there's a PPV, Izzy's gonna wanna get paid.

Board footer