You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: so what did i miss?

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

Oh I agree that's why it was nixed as a Pay Per View event, but they said they'd be releasing it at a later date in some form or fashion.  Well, it's later.

Another little white lie..

R u on the official forum? Maybe they'll be able to answer what later means..??

I'm on the forum, but there's very little action over there.  It's like a ghost town.  The same questions are being asked there, with no answers given.  The one I most commonly see is that it will probably be resolved after the tour ends.  I could see that I guess, but as referenced it could just be another "Better" video situation.  One of those broken promises that never quite come through.  The question is, do they ever intend to follow through on these things or do they just throw it out there to appease people in the moment?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The better video is a good example actually.

I'd love to know why it never happened.

Was it because Robin left, then when they had DJ they'd decided it wasn't worse the release?

I'm just curious really. Seems like the ground work had been done. Might as well put it on youtube or the official site or something even if it's not going for TV rotation and so on.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The better video is a good example actually.

I'd love to know why it never happened.

Was it because Robin left, then when they had DJ they'd decided it wasn't worse the release?

I'm just curious really. Seems like the ground work had been done. Might as well put it on youtube or the official site or something even if it's not going for TV rotation and so on.

To add to the mystery, Axl saying part of the reason they haven't come out with videos for any of the CD songs (yet!) is because he wanted people to get their own experiences out of them.  From that comment, it would seem like he wasn't in favor of the video coming out to begin with.  But again, probably just more backtracking.  The story often seems to change.

I would guess though, that Robin leaving the band had some amount to do with not only the Better video not coming out, but the lack of promotion to a point.  I'm not suggesting Axl would've been sitting in on The Tonight Show for a full week if Robin didn't leave, but I'd have to think his departure at that time and the uncertainty of his plans slowed the process some.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I take Axl saying that to mean the video had a plot.

Like if it was just live performance that would be one thing, but for people to get their own experience out of it, maybe makes me think the video had a story aspect to it that maybe Axl felt detracted from the song?

Axlin12 wrote:

I know this is wishful thinking, but what if they thought "Hey, let's use the Izzy gimmick to try to use this show to sell a Bluray/DVD?"

Thoughts?

That has been my hope ever since the iPPV was originally delayed. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm still holding out hope. I would LOVE for the current band to put out a live video or album (or both!) and it would seem a show with Izzy would be the most marketable.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The plot for that proposed Better vid that was half clay-mation and animation about the guy who turns himself into a bird would have been great for a TIL video.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

If the current band does a live release...

I wish they would put out something from the 09/10 tour.

IMO Axl sounded much better on that tour than he has in 2011/12 gigs...and it's still the DJ era band so still the modern line up....plus there were a lot of great CD song performances....scrapped, If the world, twat etc.....

Would be great to have.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I think I may have missed something whilst recently on honeymoon.

Did Axl join Sebastian at the London Islington Academy?

Classic Rock seems to imply this but its not quite clear

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

The plot for that proposed Better vid that was half clay-mation and animation about the guy who turns himself into a bird would have been great for a TIL video.

that sounds like something straight out of Spinal Tap! 16

Board footer