You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Stupid Question: Better

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

When he says "all that I wanted was...." A little slashesque guitar riff follows wink

Ha!
Agree 100% tho wink

& yea I prefer these types of threads to the other stuff we end up bitching about..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

What was the knowledge he was given when he'd thought he'd heard it all in TWAT?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

That it didn't matter what he did for her or gave her she still ran around on him and lied about it when he knew what was happening

In short he thought he could trust .... But he really couldn't

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Most of lyrics in ChinDem sound like reactions to betrayal and mistrust.

Even This I Love ("now I don't know why she wouldn't say goodbye"), Scraped ("you're more than they tell you"), etc.

It may not be true in fact, but that seems to be his feeling for the last 15+ years: he was betrayed.

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

What was the knowledge he was given when he'd thought he'd heard it all in TWAT?

Something equally cryptic & crap & meaningless about 'the devil hating a loser'..

R simply that Stephanie was a cunt, i.e. a twat..

I've said it before: CD's lyrics r the weakest of any GnR album.

Sky Dog wrote:

no....disagree

I don't think the lyrics are weak at all. I am far from being a fan of CD but the reason isn't the lyrics. To me it just sounds like Axl tried way to hard to make the album and in the end the album just sounds outdated, to me anyway.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think the lyrics were weak at all, but I do think Axl is an emotional writer, not a poet.

I think Axl writes from a standpoint of conflict. He has to be telling you, the audience a story, whether about love, hatred, frustration, somebody trying to sell him a stolen watch, etc.

When that conflict is gone, and all is well, I don't think he writes much. I think that's why there were Stephanie songs on a 2008 GN'R release.

It's also why I have doubts about future releases, and why I do tend to believe the theory that had the old Guns stayed together, and even if they got back together, they probably only have one actual album left in them, and that's basically to write about "becoming successful, and the mixed blessing it's been", and signing off.

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

no....disagree

well, what albums lyrics are weaker than CD's do you think?

Slash_McKagan wrote:

I don't think the lyrics are weak at all.

Axlin12 wrote:

I don't think the lyrics were weak at all, but I do think Axl is an emotional writer, not a poet.

just wanna make it clear i meant CD's lyrics were weaker compared to prev GnR albums. only in that context. by comparison to say the dirge of VR or barrel-scraping cliches of Myles-led Slash, Axl's still an infinitely more interesting lyricist.

but the lyrics on CD are another example of it being just not as good as it used to be in relation to GnR only.

& i'm not saying he didn't try hard. i'm just saying the talent/muse/whatever magic wasn't as potent when he was writing the CD lyrics (& songs) as it was when he was writing in the 80's & early 90s.
can't be perfect all the time, y'know?

re: the future, i do agree he has 'nothing to say'. which is a cause for the stifled output. in a way i can appreciate that, in a way it limits the amount of crap/Shacklers Revenges/Back off Bitches.
but at the same time i'm willing to endure the crap songs to get to the good stuff. & i wish he'd do the same, but he seems afraid of writing a crap song so he doesn't do anything.. or something like that..
but then that doesn't really stand-up w/ the bloatedness of the UYI set & the [good] few cack tunes on CD. i.e. quality control really doesn't exist, especially not at the extent that it's sometimes claimed to be.

Sky Dog wrote:

afd

Board footer