You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: DJ ASHBA: Writing New Material Is 'Definitely Our Main Focus Right Now

metallex78 wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA: Writing New Material Is 'Definitely Our Main Focus Right Now'

^ Fuck, I'm getting sick of hearing that line... 16
Here's the article below, and video interview with DJ, Tommy and Dizzy.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=176955

K5 TV conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES members Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Tommy Stinson (bass) and DJ Ashba (guitar) on July 16, the day before the band's concert in Split, Croatia. The guys talked about the group's current European tour, as well as plans to work on new material (see video below).

"That's definitely our main focus right now," Ashba said of the songwriting process for the next CD.

"We're always sort of kicking material back and forth and trying to come up with new ideas," added Reed. "Throwing it in the big melting pot that, hopefully, will become the next GUNS N' ROSES record."

When asked about who would be contributing new music from a songwriting standpoint, Stinson said, "It will be all these guys; it'll be all of us, probably. I wouldn't totally rule it out, but probably all of us will be included in making a new record."

[youtube]HiqhTutF1TQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

No one has a clue what's happening. 'probably'!

Sky Dog wrote:

why record new music when you can make more money traveling around the world, drinking pina coladas on the beach and you get to finish the day off with a broadway inspired, Guns N Roses 3 hour cabaret act....life must be nice.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Cant see axl just scrapping cd sessions stuff

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

If the start from scratch, then this CD II journey will be as long as the CD saga. On the other hand releasing the 1998-2002 BH/Finck/Freese/Mantia stuff in 201x would be ridiculous.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If the start from scratch, then this CD II journey will be as long as the CD saga. On the other hand releasing the 1998-2002 BH/Finck/Freese/Mantia stuff in 201x would be ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than releasing it in 2008.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

of course he does....no chance in hell they release an album this year.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Oh Jesus.

The more this goes on, the more I think DJ just suffers from "New Guys Disease".

The problem is he's not even really "new" at this point.  I mean after 6 years (edit 4 - apparently he's counting), don't you just figure out it isn't going to happen at some point?

The first 1:03 was the best part.  hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

no, DJ has only been around since late 2009...basically 3 years for him....6 years for Bumble....22 years for Dizzy, 14 years for Tommy and Chris, 10 years for Richard. I think Frank 6 years as well.

Board footer