You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: DJ ASHBA: Writing New Material Is 'Definitely Our Main Focus Right Now

Intercourse wrote:

Next album will sell soft just like VR II did. The morbid curiosity factor is gone. So it's tour tour tour for Axl from here in out to see big money. At 50 that must be tough. I often wonder does he look at Bono, Hetfield etc, happy family men with solid home lives and feel a bit jealous.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I don't care how much it will sell.
I don't care if it's old.
I don't care if it's new.
I don't care what it is.

Just fucking release it.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

yep...nice post Faldor and D too....good posts all around. At some point, Axl needs to decide whether he wants to be an artist or a commercial whore. If he wants to be an artist, then he needs to get out of his contract and go independent. It is a very tough road to travel if you think you can do both in this music industry climate.

I've stated several times before that Axl has become both Money and Record Company's bitch for some time now.

I wouldn't be surprised to know that he's touring to pay for something related to not promoting/Best Buy videos never released or even recording costs AND maintaining his style of living.

Unlike Sorry lyrics, he caved in.

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Please describe "completed" or "earlier origins".

There's piano and acoustic versions of November Rain from the era before Appetite was recorded. If you say it's only completed after the horns and strings arrangements, perhaps that's the same with all CD era songs and vault, since they're all full of it? We'll never know, to be honest. It was mentioned on interviews that You Could Be Mine was kept for future releases and was ready to AFD.

"Completed" is a term that means different things for you, for me and, surprisingly, even for Axl.

If you want just to bash, it's ok, but don't try to act like you're not being almost irrational on your arguments just to try to prove a point.

And, still, you didn't reply my question. wink

If you think that NR acoustic demo was anywhere near to a complete song then we don't have the common ground to discuss it. That was a demo. Only a few cords and nothing more. Musicians write a lot of stuff, but most of them are only ideas that need to be worked out. There isn't anything that'd suggest that YCBM was done. In fact, they said that it wasn't done, hence it didn't make the album. Yes, Back Off Bitch was an old song, the original DC and Bad Obsesseion, too. But most of the stuff wasn't older than 3 years. In today's GN'R's case, the fresh songs were written in 2004.

there was NOTHING written in 2004.....in multiple old interviews from Tommy he said the recording of everything was done in early 2003...like Jan-Feb-March 2003. Everything after that was Axl twiddling and tweaking until they brought Bumble and Frank in to add their "parts" in 2006-2007.

So....the songs are likely at least 10 years or older....which makes your case even stronger. 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

DCK wrote:

I don't care how much it will sell.
I don't care if it's old.
I don't care if it's new.
I don't care what it is.

Just fucking release it.

AMEN!!! 5

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I give Axl a hard time about same ole shit tour, but he basically is handcuffed by the label. They wont release a new cd due to the money PLUS the always possible reunion album they dont wanna miss out on if it ever happened.  Same reason all the CD leaks were an inside job to force the label's hand. I still sometimes think the label held up CD release more rhan Axl due to not hearing a jungle scom or pc.
Really just listen to "Better" for instance and tell me they werent trying hard to write a single.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same goes for Street of Dreams! Makes perfect sense for the label to use that kind of tactic.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

yep...nice post Faldor and D too....good posts all around. At some point, Axl needs to decide whether he wants to be an artist or a commercial whore. If he wants to be an artist, then he needs to get out of his contract and go independent. It is a very tough road to travel if you think you can do both in this music industry climate.

I've stated several times before that Axl has become both Money and Record Company's bitch for some time now.

I wouldn't be surprised to know that he's touring to pay for something related to not promoting/Best Buy videos never released or even recording costs AND maintaining his style of living.

Unlike Sorry lyrics, he caved in.

With the decline of record sales, isn't as true, if not more, than ever that ALL musicians tour to make their living or maintain their "style of living"?

As Kirk Hammett said to RS:  “The cycles of taking two years off don’t exist anymore. We were able to do that because we had record royalties coming in consistently. Now you put out an album, and you have a windfall maybe once or twice but not the way it used to be — a check every three months.”

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Honestly I'm not even sure how any of us can be botherd to discuss this farce anymore.  It's beyond completely stupid. Axl's a joke really. Everything that other bands do regularly is "impossible" for Guns N Roses. Such a  shame Axl turned this whole thing into a  running joke.  And YES it's Axl who's done it.

Board footer