You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Superman Thread.

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

While it's kind of funny to see; it's too overly complicated to put together on film. I still stand by Routh as the weakest portrayal of Superman (he should be Overman in my opinion. Routh may of saved a few people; but he left Earth for five years to mope and find himself). It's too crazy and over the place; plus if we are dealing with multiple Supermans and Batmans we would have to include the other universes. Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Red Son (Soviet) Superman, and those many Batmans. my god! This was a fun to skim through. I thought Cavill made a great Superman. Sure the script wasn't perfect; but with this feel it can improve on that (hopefully!) Interesting thoughts; but yeah I thought the Adam West part was pretty badass.

Awesome ideas bro. I think something like this might work as a fun hour long made for TV special to promote a Superman / Batman team up flick..... maybe. Lol. But boy would I love to see it happen.

And hell, through Nick Cage and Will Smith in there as Superman while we're at since, since they were each considered for the role at one time or another.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

While it's kind of funny to see; it's too overly complicated to put together on film. I still stand by Routh as the weakest portrayal of Superman (he should be Overman in my opinion. Routh may of saved a few people; but he left Earth for five years to mope and find himself). It's too crazy and over the place; plus if we are dealing with multiple Supermans and Batmans we would have to include the other universes. Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Red Son (Soviet) Superman, and those many Batmans. my god! This was a fun to skim through. I thought Cavill made a great Superman. Sure the script wasn't perfect; but with this feel it can improve on that (hopefully!) Interesting thoughts; but yeah I thought the Adam West part was pretty badass.

Awesome ideas bro. I think something like this might work as a fun hour long made for TV special to promote a Superman / Batman team up flick..... maybe. Lol. But boy would I love to see it happen.

And hell, through Nick Cage and Will Smith in there as Superman while we're at since, since they were each considered for the role at one time or another.

If you want to see a corrupt Superman, you need to play Injustice. An else world universe where Superman becomes a dictator and most of the Justice League becomes evil in fear of being crushed by his rule. Then it takes place in the actual Earth 1 universe with everything being normal for the most part. Interesting story and loads of characters to play as and buy as DLC; but it can get repetitive with the game play. Superman Vs. Superman is tough as hell to say the least. 16 Nic Cage would of made an awesome Superman. No doubt in my mind. Those costume designs for Lives were so cool and unique; but one that had the classic image. Also a new rainbow chrome suit and the black/silver one that happens during THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN comic. That documentary will do the project justice in 2014.  It would been a little campy and at times jumping the shark; but he would respect the role and be in the coolest Superman film before MOS was ever an idea. Will Smith would of been interesting if that came around in the late 90s. Now I'm not sure if it would work period. I'm open to an African American or another race for Superman since it does happen in a particular universe in the comics. I read some of the story and as long as it has the core Supes' values I'm totally cool with it. It worked so well with the new Ultimate Spiderman in the comics with Peter Parker still being in that or another universe. Like Batman & Spiderman, Superman is a symbol, an icon, and an inspiration of how anyone with the power to do good and set what is right can be a hero. He's a mythical character that most of us want to be and wish to have that kind of morality and code. There is alot of psychology with these characters and how the writers and readers look at themselves.

Let's hope that Cavill keeps a stronger momentum and is the perspective of the new film and Affleck compliments him as the new Caped Crusader. It can have some fights; but want to be a team up film with new elements unexplored in the film verse. While using comics and references from previous material that balances and entertains the audience and hard core fans later in 2015. Until then...

supermanbatmanlogo640_large.jpg

we have hope..and please...WB, Snyder, and whoever else..call it...WORLD'S FINEST (As it should be)

I'm actually really excited for the new Super Cafe youtube cartoon. 16

Fake trailer showing what could be possible using various film footage from Affleck's films, material from Bryan, and Man of Steel footage mixed in to see what could be possible for next year's trailer.

One more fact I learned on TV about Man of Steel: Russel Crowe and Cavill were close friends way before the development of the movie. They met when Cavill was just starting out and Crowe took him under his wing. So now I found it even more amazing of them playing father and son on film. It makes much more sense. They complimented each other well when they were on screen. Crowe was a fantastic Jor-EL. Best representation of the character and watchful eye father figure of lore in a long time.

FORUM IDEA: I was wondering if the admins would be cool if we just morphed this thread, the Batman one, and other comic book movie related threads into one shared thread. Make things a little more accessible.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Will Smith would of been interesting if that came around in the late 90s. Now I'm not sure if it would work period. I'm open to an African American or another race for Superman since it does happen in a particular universe in the comics. I read some of the story and as long as it has the core Supes' values I'm totally cool with it. It worked so well with the new Ultimate Spiderman in the comics with Peter Parker still being in that or another universe. Like Batman & Spiderman, Superman is a symbol, an icon, and an inspiration of how anyone with the power to do good and set what is right can be a hero. He's a mythical character that most of us want to be and wish to have that kind of morality and code. There is alot of psychology with these characters and how the writers and readers look at themselves.

You know, I've always hated the idea of Will Smith as Superman.  Any other hero, I'd probably be able to live with it. Batman, Flash, any of them, wouldn't care. Superman is just so iconic, I don't want the character fucked with in any way at all. But I've never thought of it in the context of a multiverse before, and now I fucking love the idea.

I also agree that Smith as Superman would be interesting, because of the race factor. How would being raised in a world that discriminated against him because of his skin color affect him?  Would he attempt to drive change more than leading by example? How would the world react to him?

And maybe all of this isn't as crazy as we think. Marvel beat DC to the shared movie universe, maybe DC one ups them by beating them to the shared movie multiverse.

Me_Wise_Magic

It's a strong possibility and I agree on the points above on how Smith could fuck it up. He hasn't been on a good streak lately. Well with Guardians of the Galaxy coming out next year from Marvel that's going to open up a whole can of worms.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
RaZor wrote:
smoke wrote:

Get Keaton and you can do the Kingdom Come arc. How bad ass would that be. An all out superhero on superhero war film?

Oh man, if only Christopher Reaves were still with us and healthy, how awesome would a kingdom come movie be with those two.

Oh yeah hell yeah! ..and I can see Axlin's pitch totally work with Returns. I have a feeling Cage hasn't totally given up on the role. He has so much respect and is a big fanboy of the Man of Steel. He named his kid after the character too. I still need to read Kingdom Come and some popular issues in the DC universe very soon. Saw most of them at a comic store near my house awhile ago.  Having Reaves play a character on Smallville towards the end of his life was extremely moving for alot of people and the fans. What he did even with his illness, charity, and other things made him become a real hero. 

My only problem is while the Dark Knight Returns is a highly influential book it portrays both characters in negative lights. Superman as a drone taking orders from the U.S. govt. (which is almost out of character) and not using his higher Kryptonian intellect and Batman as extremely violent with blood lust and vengeful. Plus Miller has said time and time again that he despises the nature and various incarnations of Superman. So having him work with Snyder on a Man of Steel sequel with Batman that is stated to not follow the full premise of Dark Knight Returns seems a tad odd. I mean they are definitely going to use elements of it, follow MOS's aftermath, and have it improved and justified overall. Hopefully! Let's see what happens I suppose.

But see the thing is the U.S. government is so manipulative, using psychological techniques actually crafted by the forefathers of psychology to do psy-ops to convince you what is good is what is wrong.

Superman's natural gift at not being controlled, is to NOT control him. He's a Jesus figure. But you've got to convince him what's best for the people, even if it goes against everything he knows. He cannot interfere with the will of the people. Thus -- U.S. war drone.

Batman on the other hand is anti-corrupt, anti-big government, anti-big business (despite Wayne Ent) and truely the embodiment of what man can be if they believe in their self.

If Superman is the hope, Batman is the answer. Safe yourself from... yourself.

It's a shame that Nolan used SO much of Ra's Al Ghul in his films, because I could totally see a more fantastical 600-year old Ra's being worked into a scenario with Lex Luthor and global domination. Luthor basically is a globalist, and could see Ra's as some sort of savior. Ra's would be using Lex in order to achieve his goal of human de-contamination, despising Luthor at the same time.

And with said, with Neeson off the table, and a more fantastical Ra's, my total vote for that casting goes to Christopher Lambert.

Me_Wise_Magic

Ooohh..Lambert would be an interesting choice. Haven't seen him do alot lately. I will always remember him from this movie and of course the big one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTBhgv9RDWs

I would be totally open for Ra's to return re-casted. There are a ton of possibilities of who the other villains are going to be besides Lex being the obvious.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Lambert has worked more in his home country of France since his U.S. film career fizzled by the late 90's. Highlander: Endgame in 2000 might've been his last major U.S. release.

In the last couple of years he's had a re-curring role as the major bad guy (and pretty damn good at it too) on NCIS: Los Angeles, a foil to Chris O'Donnell's (speaking of Batman).

Lambert a few years ago did a really low-budget French/European horror flick I caught on late night called "Metamorphosis" (I think) with another annual cult movie alum Corey Sevier. Anyways Lambert played this bad guy ancient vampire in it, and although he played it with alot of "Lambert in it", he was SO GOOD at just playing a straight up evil guy. I thought then when watching it, with his French accent, what a great Ra's Al Ghul he'd make.

And before anyone questions his acting ability, he was fantastic in the French film "White Material". For some strange reason he constantly choose shlocky, crappy U.S. films to be apart of, but he's actually got better skills than he even admits to.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh yeah I agree. I've seen some of his acting outside the Highlander and Mortal Kombat, I thought he was pretty good. Did not know he was doing alot of European films for the past couple of years. Thanks for the info. I may need to check out that Metamorphosis flick if it's online or Netflix.

Me_Wise_Magic

http://batman-news.com/2013/11/11/kevin … n-batsuit/

Have a listen. Snyder showed a pic of Ben in the new Batsuit. smile This is getting me more hopeful! Man of Steel comes out tomorrow on BluRay and other media. Probably going to get it very soon or wait till Christmas. Reminder to WB and other people that is also a Man of Steel sequel; so hoping both guys get an equal amount of screen time and Cavill isn't pushed aside.

Me_Wise_Magic

Speaking of Superman not related to the BvS movie at the moment, the documentary that I'm highly anticipating (Mentioned it months ago on the forum!), "The Death of Superman Lives What Happened?" by Jon Schnepp that's about the movie that was supposed to feature Nic Cage as the Man of Steel with Braniac, monsters, and a strange new interpretation in the late 90s is in post production and they are doing some finishing funds. They got Tim Burton for a big interview in the doc as well as more footage, concept art, and other details from the canceled movie project. Here is the 2nd full trailer for those who want to see more. (For ADMINS (Will, BLS, etc.) I was wondering if we could change the title of this thread to a regular Superman thread or overall comic book project one. Since there are so many loose Marvel, Batman, and other character related threads on here already. Just an idea!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4I5He3 … F-G_hMywUg

photo-main.jpg?1397787015

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBCLZD-51nCGa76wUHo5lIMQKjlzsT2dwQmb_ztGPLb7N2d6p3-w

Board footer