You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Superman Thread.

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Speaking of Superman. Check this out. I'm so backing this! Just for this guy to..GET IN THE CAGE!!! ..and his dojo!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127 … t-happened

Dude I read this a few weeks ago. It got me very interested in this never released movie. It's just bizzare. Not too mention Nick Cage. And possible Hulk Hogan as Doomsday. The weird costumes. Tim Burton was trippin on something very nice.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Speaking of Superman. Check this out. I'm so backing this! Just for this guy to..GET IN THE CAGE!!! ..and his dojo!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127 … t-happened

Dude I read this a few weeks ago. It got me very interested in this never released movie. It's just bizzare. Not too mention Nick Cage. And possible Hulk Hogan as Doomsday. The weird costumes. Tim Burton was trippin on something very nice.

I know right? I'm definitely going to fund this kickstarter just for the interviews alone. I know Kevin Smith would probably do an interview since he seems like a down to earth guy and wrote the main drafts of the screen play. As for Burton, that's going to be a toughie to get. The Cage interview will be pure gold if he is able to make that happen. I want to see this doc get made and released that's for sure.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm with you dude. I actually think the storyline could work now if done right.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm with you dude. I actually think the storyline could work now if done right.

oh hell yeah! That would of been a fun film to see no doubt. Have the world's biggest Superman fan to play the role who is accomplished in many genres of film by that time. That would make perfect sense in studio's minds. Nic would of drawed in the big bucks. Plus with the success of the Batman films, Nightmare, and other accomplished works, WB thought it would be a no brainier for Burton to get Supes. Especially looking at the working concept art and ideas. This was going to something that was going to be once in a life time and not half assed. Even if the film didn't turn out completely well it probably would of been better than most of the comic adaptations we got in the late 90s. The words, "Stay Cool and Bat credit card" come to mind. And...the snore fest that was Returns.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I heard about this years ago and thought it was utterly brilliant. It's an utter shame it never happened.

Kind of reminds me of that whole deal about John Carpenter wanting to return to Halloween by directing "Michael vs. Pinhead" with Clive Barker writing, and both really wanted to do it. It got squashed because the fans basically poo poo'ed the idea because even though Freddy vs. Jason was a success, they didn't want Michael to be dragged through the mud any longer after Halloween: Resurrection.

I would've fucking killed to see a Carpenter/Barker collab Hellraiser meets Halloween sequel. It might've looked like total balls trip, but what an awesome trip it would've been.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Third trailer just released, and it looks AWESOME!!!

Me_Wise_Magic

AGREED! IT WAS FUCKING EPIC!! CAN'T WAIT FOR JUNE! NOW THIS IS..SUPERMAN!!

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

New Behind the scenes look with some new footage. Stoked for this movie.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Michael Shannon is such a badass.

Anyone surprised Bryan Singer wanted Jude Law to play Zod? 16

Me_Wise_Magic

Only a couple weeks to go. Movie looks better & better after every preview. I'm loving the concepts and look. smile Oh yeah...BLS...The Superman Lives Doc is still a go. The director/producer John was shooting some scenes and commentary at Comic Con and other locations. Hopefully it's done before the end of the year.  Some interviewer at IGN.com said that she talked to Burton about the doc and said he would be open to an interview. So hopefully John gets on that. Kevin Smith is already in talks to shoot this parts of the interview.

Board footer