You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Superman Thread.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am fine with the reboot, but the Spiderman Reboot was totally pointless.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just had this convo with a buddy of mine. I actually think they nailed Spider-Man as a character better then in the previous one. They captured the smartassness of Spider-Man very nicely. Plus he didn't have webs shooting outta of his wrists and have Emo dance scenes. 16 But it was prolly rebooted too stand a part from the other movies. I am excited to see where it goes next year. I think they have the ability to become better than the older films.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm excited for a new spin on the origins. Movie will be well over 2 hours so I am not worried. They are following the batman formula. Total reboot. Plus I think they are focusing more on the "alien" aspect of his origin and how that effects earth and supes more so then the original. And maybe more adult Clark before he becomes superman. So we will prolly get a totally revamp origin.

Beside the origin story is necessary so that the next movies can pick right up just like TDK series. It would just seem like a part of all the other superman movies if it didn't start from the beginning.

The only thing that you need to tell an audience about Superman's origin, is that he is a strange visitor from another planet, with powers greater than an ordinary man, and who stands for truth, justice, and the American way. It can be told in a minute.

It just annoys me because its already been retold so many times. I understand it worked for Batman, but there hadn't been a Batman movie in over 20 years, and there wasn't a Batman TV show that ran for 7 years dedicated to Batman's origins.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just had this convo with a buddy of mine. I actually think they nailed Spider-Man as a character better then in the previous one. They captured the smartassness of Spider-Man very nicely. Plus he didn't have webs shooting outta of his wrists and have Emo dance scenes. 16 But it was prolly rebooted too stand a part from the other movies. I am excited to see where it goes next year. I think they have the ability to become better than the older films.

I agree. I still love the Raimi films especially the first two because they hold a special place in me as well as some of my favorite films. They are not perfect; but they have some solid acting and special effects. I grew up with the Spider-man 90s cartoon and Spider man 1 was the first PG-13 movie I saw in theaters when I was a kid with my dad. Spider-Man, the X-men, Superman and Batman are some of the material I was raised on. Spider man 3 has it's moments despite yeah those very awkward and flat out badly executed scenes. I personally enjoyed Amazing and thought Andrew due to him being a Spidey fan felt like he was truly enjoying himself and overall an improvement over the last Spidey film. I could of gone with them using either origin in Amazing or Spidey 1. After viewing Amazing, I did feel it had problems with pace and some scenes and characters could of been improved upon. Plus there is just not enough Spidey and I thought Lizard could of been better executed in certain scenes; but that's my opinion.  I will agree that Andrew & Emma had much better chemistry than Tobey & Kristen in the original films.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I cannot wait for this either, despite not being a big Superman fan outside of the Donner cut of Superman II.

This actually has me excited.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

TV spot 10.. Can't fucking wait.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Nokia Trailer

Epic movie indeed.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I can't see anymore trailers; so I'm going to wait for the movie release to get everything in a more fresh perspective. smile

AtariLegend wrote:

That's a bad ass trailer. Hype machine in overdrive like last summer.

To be honest though, despite looking forward to this. Have to think, is it only cause I'm fooling myself into thinking this is a Nolan film?

Can't fuckin' wait.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

If nothing else, it'll be worth it for the badass Supes-Zod fight.

Board footer