You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Superman Thread.

BLS-Pride wrote:

Reviews are flowing in and are really positive. They nailed superman apparently. So well I've read a few best supes movie ever comments. Truely epic.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Reviews are flowing in and are really positive. They nailed superman apparently. So well I've read a few best supes movie ever comments. Truely epic.

Dude...I'm so excited. I've been hearing nothing but great things as well.  Finally it's being done right. Hoping to catch it sometime this weekend. Since my Dad is a big Superman fan, he'll probably love seeing it on father's day or sometime after that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

That's a bad ass trailer. Hype machine in overdrive like last summer.

To be honest though, despite looking forward to this. Have to think, is it only cause I'm fooling myself into thinking this is a Nolan film?

Can't fuckin' wait.

That's kind of how I feel too man. I know you're a big Batman guy like me, and honestly I was never big into Superman. The story was cool (basically a Jesus Christ retelling), but of the old films, I thought Superman was overrated, and the only one I really liked was Superman II: Donner Cut, and that didn't come around until years later. Never saw III, IV or Returns.

Batman at least had Burton. Superman ALMOST had Burton in the late 90's. But after Nolan made the definitive vision of Batman, despite "director Zack Snyder", this whole thing has Nolan all over it. Even in it's look.

Reminds me of Halloween II & III back in the day. Let's be honest, it might've said "Director Rick Rosenthal & Tommy Lee Wallace", but those films had 'John Carpenter' all over as Producer.

This film seems the same way. Nolan's Producer credit is felt all over this thing. And it's the only reason i'm going to see my first Superman film in a theater.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Just saw the film... Amazing. They finally did it right. Overall... A cunt hair below TDK... But the best Superman movie to date...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Glad to hear your thoughts that you loved it. I've been hearing mixed reviews from the early press. IGN gave it a 9/10 and some other sites said it was better than the original movie from '78 or on that exact level. Rotten Tomatoes have been all over the place with mixed scores; so it had me worried and lose faith a tad; but I'll see it with my own eyes. I'm done with that site. Want this film to succeed.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This movie sucks

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
-D- wrote:

This movie sucks

elaborate...?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I honestly was bored to tears

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am calling troll by D

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Just saw the film... Amazing. They finally did it right. Overall... A cunt hair below TDK... But the best Superman movie to date...

Hoping for a similar experience. Although two friends of mine didn't like it. So I think it could go either way. Prolly go see it in the next couple of days.

Opening weekend sales are either 125 million or 113.1 depending if they count the Thursday night walmart tickets sold.

Board footer