You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

buzzsaw wrote:

We talked about that in Atlanta before the Slash show.  The closest to "raw" GnR is the first side of Lies before they put the crowd noises into it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Compared to their contemporaries AFD is definitely raw. It's not about production, it's about attitude.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Compared to their contemporaries AFD is definitely raw. It's not about production, it's about attitude.

Exactly and that's what people talk about when they talk about RAW & Gn'R. People aren't talking studio production. Guns N' Roses AFD era was fucking raw. The lyrics are raw, the music is raw, the atitude is raw. There is no arguing that at all. So the album is polished. BFD

Sky Dog wrote:

the album is not raw....live experience and attitude was in the 80's...6 to 1...half dozen to another. The general public now doesn't sit and watch youtube videos of Gnr in 1988. They hear the songs...THE RECORDED SONGS...on the radio and they hear a crisp, clean classic rock band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree that AFD is not raw. I think Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" is a raw record. That's raw. Soundgarden and Faith No More's first couple records -- those are raw too.

Now do I think AFD is a crisp, clean, refined rock record? Hell no. That's Poison's Look What The Cat Dragged. Think the comparison of hearing "Cry Tough" for the first time, opening an album, compared to "Welcome To The Jungle". Too entirely different paradigms. Makes Jungle sound like Anarchy In The UK.

I honestly, unlike some others around here, think the mixing on AFD has not aged well. When I heard the studio cuts from AFD on CD in a car stereo, it sounds so flat, so clean, there's no push to it. No attitude. Maybe i'm being a nitpicky GN'R fan. I dunno.

Maybe they need a Brendan O'Brien remix treatment that just kinda strips it down, but AFD has needed a remix BADLY like that for years. It needs to be more bare bones. Jungle should sound like that 1990 We Die Young demo AIC had on "Nothing Safe".

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

nightrain is the most raw sounding rock song there is on this planet. listened to on a proper stereo, it`s the definition of a rock song!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer