You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Beatles

Awesome on the studio takes! big_smile As for Let it Be, fans have been trying to torrent or get a copy of that film for years. The problem is Ringo, The estates of John & George, and Paul don't want to release it due to their being an extra amount of content that doesn't show them in a positive light. In-fighting, John being spaced out on drugs or Paul looking like a dictator if there was any commentary lying around.  They want to keep the music as pure as possible for generations to enjoy without having footage of them getting on each other's case. The problem is the Let It Be /Get Back movie is an essential part of their history and a official copy released on DVD/Blu Ray would have fans screaming with joy and companies would be rolling in the dough. I'm surprised they haven't gotten on the chance when all the re-releases started to happen back in '09. Most of the footage was leaked on youtube by a couple of users. Not sure if some of it got removed by now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've seen pieces of the movie, that's why I want to see it all.  Who cares if they look bad?  We all know how bad it was and it was 40 years ago.

Me_Wise_Magic

I know right? I want to see a final U.S. fully restored version as well. As do hundreds of music fans. The Rooftop Concert of 1969 is the pinnacle of their power as a band and so iconic!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

From the Let it Be Movie (I believe):

Showing what the song had evolved from (and that they could still have fun when Yoko wasn't cracking the whip):

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Rooftop Concert:

[youtube]oWzs3YbtehI&feature=related[/youtube]

Me_Wise_Magic

My favorite Beatles album has to be Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper. Than it's Rubber Soul and The White Album.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Concert I was at:

Me_Wise_Magic

Lucky! 16 Glad you enjoyed yourself! How much are McCartney tickets nowadays? I'm curious! I'm glad he isn't afraid to go through his whole music legacy for his solo tours especially since fans want to hear Beatles tunes, solo hits, and Wings material too. The solo backing band he has kicks ass and rocks hard!  smile

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Lucky! 16 Glad you enjoyed yourself! How much are McCartney tickets nowadays? I'm curious! I'm glad he isn't afraid to go through his whole music legacy for his solo tours especially since fans want to hear Beatles tunes, solo hits, and Wings material too. The solo backing band he has kicks ass and rocks hard!  smile

I think we paid $80 or so, but we were pretty far back.  The big expense for the trip was flying to NY and staying there for the weekend.  It was well worth it - his voice isn't what it was, but for 70, he was pretty damn good.

Going to try to get the whole show uploaded.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Part II:

Board footer