You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: The Beatles

buzzsaw wrote:

Figured I'd start a thread for me to post stuff.  I'm a huge fan and love almost all of what they did together and individually. 

I'll start with an example of the kind of fun my fantasy band is going to have in their practice sessions:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

McCartney playing the song he wrote ultimately recorded by Badfinger:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Not quite Paradise City, but one of the best closing numbers I've seen at a concert:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I was there - first time he's played this song live:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

What I hope my fantasy band doesn't sound like live:

1:25 is pretty bad...their voices (especially Paul's) sound shot.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

One of my favorite bands of all time. Paul is top 5 best bassists of all time. That first link you put up especially shows how special they were.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What I hope my fantasy band doesn't sound like live:

1:25 is pretty bad...their voices (especially Paul's) sound shot.

John's hurting quite a bit too. You can hear him struggling right off the first line when he sings "help MEEE, to understand"

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

buzzsaw wrote:

Figured I'd start a thread for me to post stuff.  I'm a huge fan and love almost all of what they did together and individually. 

I'll start with an example of the kind of fun my fantasy band is going to have in their practice sessions:

Oh dude! I love this version of the song so much. It brings a smile to anyone's face and it's Paul's favorite take of the song when he was going through the archives for the Anthology project. Must bring back some emotions and fond memories.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I have hours and hours (probably 60 hours or so) of studio takes on my hard drive.  Haven't finished listening to them all, but there's some amazing stuff in there and versions of songs that you wouldn't even recognize as the song that was released as they were working on them.

The one thing I don't have that I'd like to get is the Let it Be Movie.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer