You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Change that robe, Axl

monkeychow wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

If only they'd keep NR for a double album... Perhaps making a video to it, alongside Don't Cry and Estranged...

Are you insane? A double album? That would haven taken Axl like 2 years to do the vocals for, people wouldn't wait around that long for a new GNR record.

Thank God AFD came out the way it did...Tobias nails the lead guitar all over that record.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh yeah Paul Tobias and Slash are best buds and they gel so well together. I hear that song Axl's been tinkering with...what was it again? 14 years? Is about Paul and Axl's friendship or something. I hear it's really badass. Izzy is supposed to be taking the drum seat and play guitar if Adler ever leaves. Which I doubt will happen. wink

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've seen worse pictures. It's really not that bad.

I agree. Seriously this obsession with Axl's looks is beyond lame. How about we all post our pictures and then we can all comment on how perfect we all are. I rag on Axl a lot but never have I gave two shits about his physical appearance when it came to his body. Some of you go on and on as though your vessel is that of a greek god and Ax should be the same. I'd like to see how many of you are overwieght and half Axl's age.

misterID wrote:

But I have to say, November Rain has always been my favorite AFD track.

16 further proof that they peeps running that shit show are complete morons.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axl must never be around when these clowns are putting shit together...no wonder he shows up at gigs and feels everybody just got a dose of ADD.
The bar must be pretty low

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

The pic is no big deal. The inane social media isn't even anymore, it's just par for the course. We all need to recalibrate our expectations- this ship is dead in the water.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree. Seriously this obsession with Axl's looks is beyond lame. How about we all post our pictures and then we can all comment on how perfect we all are. I rag on Axl a lot but never have I gave two shits about his physical appearance when it came to his body. Some of you go on and on as though your vessel is that of a greek god and Ax should be the same. I'd like to see how many of you are overwieght and half Axl's age.

But if he weren't so out of shape, he could sing better.

Aren't vocals important ... for a vocalist?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Gong wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

But if he weren't so out of shape, he could sing better.

Aren't vocals important ... for a vocalist?

Honestly Axl is never gonna be able to sing incredibly well live anymore. he'll have moments of greatness and moments of shittiness(more of them in my opinion) but he'll never be amazing live again in my opinion when it comes to pure vocals. he's beyond 50 and his style just isn't going to allow it. In studio I don't think he needs to be a greek god to perform. he needs to train his voice yes but that has nothing to do with how ripped his abs are or how many double chins he has.

I wish he'd just retire from live performances anyways and just focus on releasing material. I couldn't care less if Axl ever toured again but i'd love to hear whatever he's got cooked up in the studio.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Bono wrote:

I wish he'd just retire from live performances anyways and just focus on releasing material. I couldn't care less if Axl ever toured again but i'd love to hear whatever he's got cooked up in the studio.

I'd give the rest of my hair for this.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'd give the rest of my hair for this.

Unfortunately the opposite seems to be happening. So Axl saves your hair.

Board footer