You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: 2012 London Olympic Games

Think that's a pretty harsh review tbh! Ok not mind blowing but what were you expecting?! I thought Liam sounded awful, the who were good though to close it out. I think the games overall were great though which is the main thing, some great stories!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

In case I didn't dislike Russell Brand enough before, I now really dislike him,

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

So was there a Freddie Mercury hologram? I didn't watch

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Fuckin Liam. Man he's still got 'it'. The only one who deserves to be in a stadium full of people singing. He's been the only star of the show.
Bit rich calling it beady eye & singing a Noel song tho. But hardly the biggest crime of the night. & like I say he's the only one at home on such a stage. Quality.

Liam sounded like shit and it was garbage having Beady Eye perform Noel's song. I thought it was horrible. Shoulda had Noel perform What a  Life.

I'm by no means a Spice Girl fan but they got the biggest cheer of the night and they all looked good and Baby Spice is still hotter than a  firecraker. She's amazing.

johndivney wrote:

They shoulda just let Muse do the whole thing really.

Ok they've sucked a fat one since Origin of Symmetry but at least they're suitably epic, loud & fun.

Fuck that. I used to like Muse but they've just become lame and that song is fucking horrible. Yes they were loud but the song is shit.

johndivney wrote:

Holy fuck.

That was really bad.

Not sure what you were expecting. It was pretty damn good considering they'd never even rehearsed it before.  I mean Canada presented the world with Nickelback(I'm so sorry). The Brits did it up pretty good I thought.

Bro-mero wrote:

So was there a Freddie Mercury hologram? I didn't watch

No. He was on video screens.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day I find the summer Olympics to be kinda dull. I like the the track & Field sprint events and that's about it really. 

Winter Olympics > Summer Olympics.

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Think that's a pretty harsh review tbh! Ok not mind blowing but what were you expecting?! I thought Liam sounded awful, the who were good though to close it out. I think the games overall were great though which is the main thing, some great stories!

in fairness, a dodgy pop concert cant overshadow what was otherwise a truly brilliant event. passed off safely & like you say, some great stories & i think an abundance of them. it really was great fun from the word go. i'm gonna miss them!
tv will be so boring & crap now. if it wasn't already.

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Holy fuck.

That was really bad.

Not sure what you were expecting. It was pretty damn good considering they'd never even rehearsed it before.

i was expecting something more than a dodgy pop concert, packed full of white guys doing dad rock.
given the creative, theatrical opening ceremony & the impact of the multicultural celebration throughout the games, the opening ceremony reeked of a throwback to a britain that really shouldn't be celebrated!

re: liam. my point was his presence. that, until freddie, he was the only one at home performancewise in a stadium.

re: the spice girls - i thought they were terrible. haggard old banshees who didn't have a note in their tiny collective heads.
the reason they got such a huge cheer is cause it meant an end to jessie j! (tho of course she hadda come back & crap on us again combined w/a frightfully terrible brian may performance).

re: muse - i meant they shoulda just done the whole concert. i don't care if that song is crap, almost all their songs are crap! they're still more entertaining & stadium-sized than most anything else there.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i was expecting something more than a dodgy pop concert, packed full of white guys doing dad rock.
given the creative, theatrical opening ceremony & the impact of the multicultural celebration throughout the games, the opening ceremony reeked of a throwback to a britain that really shouldn't be celebrated!

Most seemed to enjoy it. It was a throwback the history of Britain. So be it.

johndivney wrote:

re: laim. my point was his presence. that, until freddie, he was the only one at home performancewise in a stadium.

Ha! The songs Noel wrote are what's stadium worthy. As an Oasis fan Liam's stage prescene leaves a ton to be desired. he was most definitely not a shining star on this night above and beyond all others. Annie Lennox and George Michaels were there, The Who, the Spice Girls etc etc all who have more stadium worthiness to them than a Noel-less Liam Gallagher.

johndivney wrote:

re: the spice girls - i thought they were terrible. haggard old banshees who didn't have a note in their tiny collective heads.

Typical bitter rock fan attitude. Sorry dude but the 90 000 or so in attendance and so many at home liked them and yes the are older but to suggest they are "haggard old banshees" is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks Baby Spice is a haggard old banshee might as well be gay

johndivney wrote:

re: muse - i meant they shoulda just done the whole concert. i don't care if that song is crap, almost all their songs are crap! they're still more entertaining & stadium-sized than most anything else there.

Muse doing the entire thing would've been incredibly lame. And I like Muse

johndivney wrote:

liam's a superstar.

johndivney wrote:

& hey, i suppose credit to the spice girls for actually singing live unlike annie lennox. but that doesn't excuse the fact their voices are horrible. if you think mel c sounded good then you're even crazier than i thought.

& that wasn't a throwback to the history of britain. the opening ceremony was a celebration of some of britains great historic achievements. last night was a crap pop concert delivered by old farts & x factor rejects.

Board footer