You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

buzzsaw wrote:

My team is going to win the SB this year if everybody stays healthy.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Which is? Packers? Lions? Pats? Eagles? Ravens?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Which is? Packers? Lions? Pats? Eagles? Ravens?

None of those.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Uhhh Cowboys? Bears? 49ers? Falcons? Steelers? Texans? Chargers?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Da Bears.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Great skit, I hate the team though:P

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

My team is going to win the SB this year if everybody stays healthy.

On the surface that seems like a bold statement, but I think staying healthy is a key for any team.  So sure, if the Bears stay completely healthy, I think they have a good shot.  If Brandon Marshall can stay out of trouble, he should thrive being reunited with Cutler.

The Patriots look loaded on offense once again.  Many are speculating whether they could even be better than the record breaking 2007 team.  Brandon Lloyd has looked good early on in camp.  Welker is poised for 100+ catches again, health permitting of course.  Brady has some familiar faces back in the fold as well in Jabar Gafney and Donte Stallworth, along with Deion Branch.  One of those guys might not make the team though.  One slight concern is Rob Gronkowski has apparently not looked good so far.  Could be just some rust coming off his ankle injury, or maybe he's not completely healthy yet and rushed back too soon.

Anyhow, they will score plenty of points AGAIN!  It all depends on how the defense progresses.  They made some aggressive moves in trading up in the draft to take Donta Hightower and Chandler Jones.  Hightower is expected to make an immediate impact.  BUT, the pass rush is always a concern and the secondary has looked pretty bad in camp so far.  How much of that is due to how good the offense is, or is it more how bad the secondary is?  It might be a little bit of both.  The defense has to get better though.  If it does, the sky is the limit.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

But can the Bears beat a team like the Packers? Can Jay Cutler get over the criticism and become a top-10 QB?

Playoff team? Very Possible
Super Bowl? The Giants did it last year so the Bears could very well do it as well, but not likely

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

But can the Bears beat a team like the Packers? Can Jay Cutler get over the criticism and become a top-10 QB?

Playoff team? Very Possible
Super Bowl? The Giants did it last year so the Bears could very well do it as well, but not likely

The Bears are more talented than the Packers.  They almost beat them in the playoffs two years ago with a third string QB.  After absorbing another idiotic Mike Martz fueled slow start, they were playing as good as anybody in the NFL last year when Forte and Cutler got hurt.

The Bears drastically improved their offense coming into this season.  Cutler was pretty good with nobody at WR; he'll be even better with Marshall outside and a healthy Earl Bennett (Cutler's recent go to guy) in the slot (think Welker).  Devin Hester will be single covered if teams double Marshall.  More importantly, there's no Mike Martz.  I can't begin to tell you how many problems he caused by himself. 

Their defense is far superior to GB.  Their ground game is far superior to GB.  Their ST are far superior to GB.  The only advantage (and granted it's a big one) GB has is Rogers over Cutler.  I think the rest of the gap offensively has closed that Rogers over Cutler isn't enough to keep GB ahead any more.  Cutler was pretty good last year and threw no red zone interceptions last year.  Many say he's top 10 already.  If he builds on that the Bears will be in great shape.

Sure, I'm drinking the koolaid.  I admit it.  And certainly health is pretty much a requirement for all teams, but I really think the Bears are set to be very, very good this year if they don't lose Cutler.

Board footer