You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2012 NFL Season

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:

This is freaking hilarious. Brady and Manning tweeting each other before the big game 16
  http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

nice 14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ha ha ha, so fucking funny. Hilarious!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

My FSU boy Ponder is the real deal smile

Hop off the Bandwagon

Hey, I'm a Ponder fan, and have been since he was a freshman, Mr. Johnny Come Lately!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Still not sure what to make of the Vikings (or the Bears for that matter).  It's been an interesting start to the season in the NFC North...my guess is we haven't seen the last of the 2 bottom teams either.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

My FSU boy Ponder is the real deal smile

Hop off the Bandwagon

Hey, I'm a Ponder fan, and have been since he was a freshman, Mr. Johnny Come Lately!

I've been praising Ponder ever since he's came to Minnesota, and now, when the Vikings are 4-1, you call him "Your boy". Where were you when the Vikings were 3-13?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Gruden would be interested in the TN job. That is if the Dallas job isn't open, too.

If TN pays up and Adams stays the fuck away, then yeah I could see it.  The Dallas thing is interesting because I think they would have to totally tank for Jerry to fire Garrett.  I think he probably gets 7-9 wins and avoids getting fired after the year.

Communist China wrote:

They're terrible on third down and just can't ever stop the bleeding, which to me says that they lack playmakers and leaders.

Communist China wrote:

But the pass rush has been non-existent, the corners look young, and our linebackers can't cover tight ends over the middle or half backs in the flats.

That sounds exactly like the Titans defense I've been watching.  That game in two or three weeks is going to be entertaining.  You have the two worst teams in points allowed facing one another. 

The Bills are somehow only five points behind the Titans in points allowed.  The Titans have tied a record with allowing 30 points per game in the first five games of the season.

The Titans offense stinks though and that is why I probably think the Bills will win.

I could kind of see the WR/QB problems before the season though.  Fitz, while not being totally awful, isn't exactly a great player either.  He is average and you really can't win in today's pass happy NFL with an average qb.  The WR outside of Stevie Johnson aren't really good.  Current upcoming group of WR prospects doesn't look that good.

The best realistic guy in FA would probably be Greg Jennings from GB.  I don't think the Packers are going to franchise him.  Mike Wallace is another good candidate, as I can't see PIT franchising him again.

buzzsaw wrote:

Still not sure what to make of the Vikings (or the Bears for that matter).  It's been an interesting start to the season in the NFC North...my guess is we haven't seen the last of the 2 bottom teams either.

The Vikings have beaten two shitty AFC South teams and a disappointing DET team along with the win over the 49ers.  I just looked at their schedule and they have a difficult second half:

Nov 4 @SEA (always tough to play there)
Nov 11 vs DET
Nov 25 @CHI
Dec 2 @GB
Dec 9 vs CHI
Dec 16 @STL (Fisher has them playing hard)
Dec 23 @HOU
Dec 30 vs GB

We'll know a lot more about the Vikings during that long stretch.  I still think the Packers can come back here.  Maybe not win the division but I could see them with a wild card.

I've given up on the Lions doing anything.  They have really bad secondary play and their ST is abysmal.

I think the Cardinals might fall back now that teams have realized that they have an awful OL.

ATL has a lock on the NFC South.  And I think that SF wins the West.  The other two divisions are bloodbaths.  Actually the NFC West is very competitive as well.  The problem is that the other 3 teams will probably beat up one another and they end up with similiar win totals (7 to 9 wins) but not enough for a WC.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Hop off the Bandwagon

I've been praising Ponder ever since he's came to Minnesota, and now, when the Vikings are 4-1, you call him "Your boy". Where were you when the Vikings were 3-13?

Dude, he was my boy when he was in FSU. I supported him last year, I'm glad he's proving himself in the NFL.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, he was my boy when he was in FSU. I supported him last year, I'm glad he's proving himself in the NFL.

Fair enough. I just get ornery when bandwagoners, or what look like to be bandwagoners, try to take any sort of credit for a teams success

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm not a Vikings fan, that's why I said he was my FSU boy and glad to see he's the real deal. I didn't say anything about The Vikings and wasn't taking any credit (?) for their success.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Nov 4 @SEA (always tough to play there)
Nov 11 vs DET
Nov 25 @CHI
Dec 2 @GB
Dec 9 vs CHI
Dec 16 @STL (Fisher has them playing hard)
Dec 23 @HOU
Dec 30 vs GB

We'll know a lot more about the Vikings during that long stretch.  I still think the Packers can come back here.  Maybe not win the division but I could see them with a wild card.

Vikings are the Real Deal

We're 4-1
Manhandled one of the best team in the NFL, the 49ers, in all phases of the game
Beat a playoff team on the road in the Lions

Next 3 Games:
@Redskins (RG3 Hurt- May or may not play)
vs. Cardinals (Have dived back to reality against Rams)
vs. Buccaneers (unperforming)

And with the team we have put out there week in and week out, no doubt we can steal a few wins in the 2nd half of the season

Board footer