You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Nov 4 @SEA (always tough to play there)
Nov 11 vs DET
Nov 25 @CHI
Dec 2 @GB
Dec 9 vs CHI
Dec 16 @STL (Fisher has them playing hard)
Dec 23 @HOU
Dec 30 vs GB

We'll know a lot more about the Vikings during that long stretch.  I still think the Packers can come back here.  Maybe not win the division but I could see them with a wild card.

Vikings are the Real Deal

We're 4-1
Manhandled one of the best team in the NFL, the 49ers, in all phases of the game
Beat a playoff team on the road in the Lions

Next 3 Games:
@Redskins (RG3 Hurt- May or may not play)
vs. Cardinals (Have dived back to reality against Rams)
vs. Buccaneers (unperforming)

And with the team we have put out there week in and week out, no doubt we can steal a few wins in the 2nd half of the season

Love the optimism, but slow down a bit.  There's a long way to go.  4-1 is certainly a nice start, but no awards are handed out the first week of October that I'm aware of. 

There are some tough games on that schedule, but I could see 9-7 as a realistic possibility.  May be enough to challenge for a wild card, or better.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

At least I admitted I was drinking the kool-aid.  wink

The Vikings aren't 15-1 good.  They are going to lose a game or two that they shouldn't lose.  They are going to win a game or two they shouldn't win (49ers?).  That's the way football goes.

faldor

faldor wrote:

For fantasy purposes, I was quite happy with the Chicago and Minnesota D's, Ponder, and Rudolph this week. Helped 3 of my teams to victory.

Honestly, I think the Chicago D may be my highest scorer for the 2 teams I have them on. I'm a big fan as long as that continues. Unfortunately they have a bye this week.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Living in the AFC East, I don't get to see a lot of Vikings games during the year. How similar is the personnel on this year's team and the Favre team that went to the NFC Championship game?

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

At least I admitted I was drinking the kool-aid.  wink

The Vikings aren't 15-1 good.  They are going to lose a game or two that they shouldn't lose.  They are going to win a game or two they shouldn't win (49ers?).  That's the way football goes.

By real deal I meant a playoff team, never said 15-1. Realistically I see a 9-7 or 10-6 record

And I don't have to say I'm drinking the koolaid cause they have proven they can do well in every aspect of their team

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Living in the AFC East, I don't get to see a lot of Vikings games during the year. How similar is the personnel on this year's team and the Favre team that went to the NFC Championship game?

Brad Childress 2009 Head Coach- Gone
Leslie Frazier 2009 Defensive coordinator- 2012 Head coach
Darrel Bevill 2009 Offensive coordinator- Seahawks OC
2012 OC Bill Musgarave was QB coach for Matt Ryan (look how that worked out)

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Nov 4 @SEA (always tough to play there)
Nov 11 vs DET
Nov 25 @CHI
Dec 2 @GB
Dec 9 vs CHI
Dec 16 @STL (Fisher has them playing hard)
Dec 23 @HOU
Dec 30 vs GB

We'll know a lot more about the Vikings during that long stretch.  I still think the Packers can come back here.  Maybe not win the division but I could see them with a wild card.

Vikings are the Real Deal

We're 4-1
Manhandled one of the best team in the NFL, the 49ers, in all phases of the game
Beat a playoff team on the road in the Lions

Next 3 Games:
@Redskins (RG3 Hurt- May or may not play)
vs. Cardinals (Have dived back to reality against Rams)
vs. Buccaneers (unperforming)

And with the team we have put out there week in and week out, no doubt we can steal a few wins in the 2nd half of the season

Love the optimism, but slow down a bit.  There's a long way to go.  4-1 is certainly a nice start, but no awards are handed out the first week of October that I'm aware of. 

There are some tough games on that schedule, but I could see 9-7 as a realistic possibility.  May be enough to challenge for a wild card, or better.

No need to "slow down". Everything I have said is factual and down to earth. I'm not saying were going to dominate the NFL, but were not going to fade away when December comes like many teams that have had hot starts

faldor

faldor wrote:

It's also factual that 3 of their 4 wins have been against teams with records under .500. 2 of those teams are among the worst in the league, and the Lions are average at best. The win against the Niners was impressive, and they can only play the games on their schedule. They've done everything they could so far to prove they are a decent team at the very least. Finishing 9-7 would be pretty close to fading away after a 4-1 start, but we will see.

Again, I love the optimism, but there's a long way to go yet. That's all.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

The Minnesota Vikings

QB: An efficient Christian Ponder that isn't going to turn the ball over
RB: One of the best 1-2 combos in the NFL with AP and Gerhart
WR: The most versatile WR in the NFL in Percy Harvin,  along with a deep threat now in Jerome Simpson
TE: Kyle Rudolph has potential to become a top 5 tight end in the NFL
Offensive Line: nothing special but gets the job done
Defensive Line: One of the best run defenses in the NFL, have stopped the likes of MJD, Frank Gore, and Chris Johnson
Secondary: has impressed many, including myself, and includes a lot of young talent and has stopped players like Megatron and offenses like the 49ers
Kicker- proven clutch and won our 1st game for us

Board footer