You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

misterID wrote:

The big difference here is Dean Pees. You have no idea how badly I wanted him to become the Dolphins DC.

The Rams and Seattle have the 49ers Kapernick number to shut them down. I think San Fran should enjoy this run now, because the NFC West is going to be very different next year.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Any Raiders fans out there?  Quite the claim here.

Tim Brown: Bill Callahan wanted to lose the Super Bowl
Posted by Michael David Smith

Former Raiders wide receiver Tim Brown is doubling down on his stunning allegation that his old coach Bill Callahan purposely lost Super Bowl XXXVII.

Appearing on Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, Brown was asked by Erik Kuselias if he believes Callahan was just incompetent, or if he believes Callahan was actively trying to lose the Super Bowl. Brown chose the latter.

“I can’t say the man was incompetent because he was far from that,” Brown said. “You only leave me with one other choice so I’ll have to go ahead and take the latter of those two choices.”

Brown said that after preparing on Monday through Thursday before the Super Bowl for a run-first offense, Callahan sprung a new game plan on his players, a pass-first game plan that, according to Brown, Callahan knew would cost the Raiders the game.

“Why would you change the game plan so close to the game if you know the negative repercussions of that could cost you the game?” Brown said.

These allegations by Brown — which were bolstered today by another player on that team, Jerry Rice — are stunning. So far, Callahan hasn’t responded. But he needs to speak out and give his side of this story. Because he’s being accused by two of his greatest players of taking the Silver and Black to the Super Bowl, and then committing the greatest sporting scandal since the 1919 Black Sox.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Brown and Rice are full of shit.

Al Davis is well known for changing his coaches game plans up to 24 hours before a game. You think Davis would allow them to switch a gameplan without his consent? And do you think Al Davis would allow a run-heavy game plan in the first place? Please....

misterID

misterID wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm saying it here first: Ravens win the superbowl in a blow out.

Just wanted to pop in and say: if it weren't for the power outage I would've been right! 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm saying it here first: Ravens win the superbowl in a blow out.

Just wanted to pop in and say: if it weren't for the power outage I would've been right! 16

Yeah, things were getting quite ugly to that point.  That opening kickoff return in the 2nd half was a killer.  I figured San Fran would make some sort of a run, but that break from the power outage did seem to calm them down a bit and help them on the comeback trail.  But in the end, the hotter team one.  And Baltimore was the better team last night, and in all the playoffs.  So, well deserved.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:

BEST SPOTS FOR ALEX SMITH

Okay, we know the usual suspects, (KC, AZ, Browns) but I want to throw out three teams that I think would be perfect for Alex and the teams in this exact order:

1. Tampa Bay
2. Titans
3. Raiders

Tampa is not going to extend the contract for Josh Freeman. From what I understand, they are not happy with his development or his ability to "manage the game" despite all the money they spent in free agency in 2012 for him to take that next step. He's all flash and completely inconsistent.  1st, they have the two things Smith needs to succeed: A strong defense and an fantastic running game. 2nd, the Bucs have a far better offense than the 49ers, especially the team Alex took to the NFC Championship. They have a great O-Line, a solid WR unit, and Smith, unlike Freeman, is clutch and doesn't turn the ball over. Matter of fact, Alex would be in a more spread passing offense that he's better suited for than Harbaugh's and Greg Romans scheme. Alex excelled in Norv Turner's spread passing game. He also comes from the Urban Myer spread/option in college. Alex Smith was THE top rated red zone QB in the league before Harbaugh came in, and after he did, the 49ers were the worst team in the redzone (and still are under KAP) and that has to do with play calling, not the players. I think the BUCS would be a playoff team with Smith as QB and Freeman could still fetch a lot of value on the trade market. 

The Titans - Jake Locker is even worse than Josh Freeman. They probably don't want to give up on Locker yet, but Smith has more upside than Hasslebeck (younger, more athletic, bigger arm, clutch, and he's a vet at 29). Bring him in, draft an edge rusher or athletic DT like Sheldon Richardson and CB in the draft, bring in a vet TE and the Titans are giving the Colts and Texans a run for their money.

The Raiders - are a mess - But they need to cut Palmer, deal with the cap hit this year and free up a lot of space next year - play for next season.  They have a high draft pick so they can help that defensive line, or secondary (probabaly trade down for more picks) draft a right tackle, bring in a TE (Kellen Winslow?) and help out the underrated WR corps. They're also bringing in Tony Sporano to have a power rushing scheme that McFadden excels under unlike last year, which was a disaster because of the zone blocking and pass happy Knapp. Plus, you can find another RB in the draft. They have a weak division outside Denver, and if they played to Smith's strengths, they could also be a playoff wild card in 2013 with Smith under center.

I think the 49ers underutilized Smith, and the conservative play calling held him back. He'd be a much better fit under Josh McDaniels, Norv Turner or Al Saunders than Harbaugh and Romans.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

The problem with the Titans signing Alex Smith is that a) they are run by morons b)they seem pretty hitched to Locker (at least for 2013).  They are also in win now mode (playoffs or every one gets fired).  I think it's a good idea I just don't trust the idiots running the organization in Tennessee.  I just think Smith can get better opportunites elsewhere probably in ARZ and maybe KC.  Scratch the Raiders as well, they're an even bigger mess than the Titans.  They just cut Seymour to get some cap space.  I don't think they cut Palmer but even they did I'm not sure signing Smith (who'll get paid, since decent qb's don't go on FA).

Still think Tennessee needs a LOT more (DE, S, interior OL, WR again) to even come close to sniffing the playoffs.  I'd rather them just tank and get one of the top 2 picks and pick Clowney or Bridgewater in 2014.  Either make the playoffs or TANK.  No more 6-8 win mediocre seasons.

Also PHI resigned Vick to a one year deal.  So that should preclude them from taking a QB in Round 1.  Probably going OT or Star Lotuleilei.

misterID

misterID wrote:

So The BUCS would be the best fit for Smith 16

If I were drafting for the Titans it would look like this:

1. Sheldon Richardson DT   (or Jarvis Jones OLB)
2. Datone Jones DE    (or Xavier Rhodes CB)
3. Chris Faulk RT/OG    (or Shawn Williams S)
4. Da'Rick Rogers WR    (or Kyle Long LT/G)
5. Javon Harris S    (or Kevin Reddick MLB)
6. Marcus Lattimore RB    (or Tyrann Mathieu CB)
7. Kenny Okoro CB    (Trey Wilson CB or Ricky Wagner G)
FA - Ray Ray Armstrong S
FA - Brad Madison DE
FA - Alex Hurst LT/G
FA - Travis Howard CB/S

Those are my realistic targets.

Even if you lose out in 2013, your defense would be stout to build on, especially if you can snag Clowney. I have a feeling that unless you get the #1 pick in 2014 you aren't getting Bridgewater. Aaron Murray would be more realistic. Titans are too good to be that bad to get that pick.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I change my Titans target from Jarvis Jones to Barkevious Mingo. I don't see him as a 4-3 DE but I do see him as a 4-3 S-OLB and pass rush specialst like Von Miller.

And I'll say it here, Buffalo takes Geno Smith and The Rams take Matt Barkley.

Board footer