You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

faldor wrote:

Long signed with the Rams.  Sebastian Vollmer is still unsigned and the Dolphins may be in on him now.  They could sign him to play RT and have Jonathan Martin play LT.  Vollmer is big, and solid, but he's had his share of injuries the last few years.  Nothing catastrophic, but he always has something going on making him questionable on the regular.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We may just need to see what's available in the draft, because I do not believe in Martin as a LT. Or maybe trade a second rounder to KC for Brandon Albert. We need a DE, CB (or two), TE and now a LT. And I really hope we take a chance on Marcus Lattimore in the third.

Ireland really screwed this Jake Long thing up.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Good LT's are tough to find and then let go, but it seems they were worried about his injury history going forward.  At least as far as the money commitment.  Always a concern, but risky either way.

Aside from that, I do like the direction the Dolphins are heading in.  I was impressed with the way Philbin carried himself on Hard Knocks last season and the team responded well last season.  I think they'd have to be considered the Patriots main (only) competition in the AFC East, and could certainly be in the playoff hunt next year.  Of course, it depends greatly on Tannehill's progression.  As it often does, it all starts with the QB position.  If he's the real deal, or at least serviceable, they'll be in much greater position obviously.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I hate the new Dolphins logo. Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ. That is all.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I love that Miami got Dion Jordan.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I love the Vikings picks of Sherrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Cordarelle Patterson

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, that was fantastic.

I prefer that over The Patriots constant moving down. I'd rather get three star players over five or six "good" players who may last a season. And you guys got stars.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

I prefer that over The Patriots constant moving down. I'd rather get three star players over five or six "good" players who may last a season. And you guys got stars.

Exactly!

All three were considered steals, especially Floyd. Rhodes will fill in nicely since Winfield left. Patterson is a high risk/high reward guy, many are already comparing him to Randy Moss, and sure enough, Patterson will wear Moss' #84

faldor

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, that was fantastic.

It depends.  The Pats have been burned by trading down before, missing out on Clay Matthews.  But it's a matter of making the right pick WHEN you pick, not necessarily who you missed out on by trading down.  The Patriots didn't feel there were any impact players would be starters where they were slotted to pick, and a lot of people commented on how the draft was weak, but deep in the middle rounds.  So they decided to trade out of the first and acquire more middle round picks.  It's not like they traded away a top 10 pick.  They basically traded an early 2nd round pick for a pick later in the round.  Is the value that much greater at 29 than 52?  We'll see.  Of course Patterson's career will be tracked closely by Patriot fans, but who's to say they would've even picked him if they stayed at 29, as they didn't pick a WR with their first pick in the second round anyway.  They've had trouble drafting WR's, so we'll see if either of the guys they picked up this time around pan out (Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce).  They struck gold by double dipping on TE's with Hernandez and Gronkowski and a little less so at RB with Ridley and Vereen in previous drafts.  So hopefully that trend continues this year with WR's.  I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the Pats draft, as I'm not all that familiar with they guys they picked up.  They did draft to fill positions of need, so in that aspect they seemed to go with the right approach.  We'll just have to see if these guys can play.  Belichick had his annual, WTF pick in the 3rd round with Duron Harmon, S from Rutgers.  One of 3 guys from perennial powerhouse Rutgers U  16 that the Patriots selected.  Obviously not the sexiest draft they've had.  At least not now.  It takes a few years to find out how good or bad your team did in the draft, so I can't say for sure.  But initial thought is, I'm unimpressed.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Faldor, you guys could have had Cordarelle Patterson or Matt Elam... You could have got Matt Elam and traded UP for Justin Hunter. The best selection you've had for the past couple of drafts was when you moved UP (not down) for Chandler Jones.

Board footer