You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

Haha...Bears more talented than the Packers. I needed a laugh, thanks!

You laughed, but you did nothing to prove otherwise.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

The Packers proved you otherwise last year and will do it again this year! big_smile

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

The Packers proved you otherwise last year and will do it again this year! big_smile

I must have missed their super bowl win while I was watching the Giants win (and winning a nice payday in Vegas).  I did see them struggle to beat a Bears team with most of their star players hurt at the end of the year.  I also saw them struggle to beat the Bears in the playoffs the year before behind a 3rd string QB.  I also saw them not improve their team in the offseason while the Bears vastly improved theirs.

So again...the ONLY advantage the Packers have over the Bears is Rogers vs Cutler, and the Bears are so much better in every other aspect of the game (ST, run game, defense) than the Packers are that I feel pretty comfortable that the Bears are indeed more talented than the Packers.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Although the Packers did not make the Super Bowl, the Bears didnt even make the playoffs. Whether they struggled to beat the Bears of if they dominated, they still beat the Bears.

I still think that the Packers are a better team due to their unbelievablly good passing game, but I think that the Packers-Bears games will be more closely matched this year

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Although the Packers did not make the Super Bowl, the Bears didnt even make the playoffs. Whether they struggled to beat the Bears of if they dominated, they still beat the Bears.

I still think that the Packers are a better team due to their unbelievablly good passing game, but I think that the Packers-Bears games will be more closely matched this year

The Bears were playing as well as anybody in the NFL when Forte and Cutler got hurt last year.  Ask any impartial NFL expert and they will verify that.  The Pack are included in anybody for those wondering.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would rather have Campbell start over Culter. Forte is a fucking badass.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Cutler is way better than anyone gives him credit for.  He showed it last year until he got hurt.  0 red zone turnovers.  That was his biggest vice going into the season.  He's more Brett Farce (that was a typo, but I left it for the humor factor) than Tom Brady and he'll never be the best QB, but I'm excited to see what he can do with his QB coach running the passing game and a couple WR with talent (something he hasn't had since coming to Chicago).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

O-Line. That's the most important thing for Chicago if they want success. Cutler can't throw lying on his back.

I'm more shocked that TO ran a 4.4 than Pete Carroll signing him to the Seahawks.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

O-Line. That's the most important thing for Chicago if they want success. Cutler can't throw lying on his back.

I'm more shocked that TO ran a 4.4 than Pete Carroll signing him to the Seahawks.

Agreed to a point, but the days of the 7 step drop are over in the new offense.  Martz has gotten all his QBs killed...it's his specialty.

I think TO will be fine and I'm not surprised at all.  I wish the Bears had signed him.  The guy can still play and now he's motivated.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

U a Dolphins fan?

Unfortunately yes lol

Haha I'm a Vikings fan so I know how disappoint feels

..cough cough...
4 Super Bowl Losses
1998 NFC Championship
2010 NFC Chamionship

I'm an Oilers/Titans fan.  I'd have to think their resume as an organization that break's it's fans hearts is up there as well.  Here's the evidence:

3 straight playoff losses where they led at half by ten points (run n shoot days)

1999 Super Bowl Loss (the one yard short Kevin Dyson)

Blowing #1 seed and homefield twice to the Ravens

Owner is a senile old bufoon who likes to stick his nose in and fuck everything up (see Peyton Manning chase and other examples of Adams being cheap over the decades)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jason Campbell isn't very good at all. He's not awful like Kevin Kolb.  But he's nothing more than average.  His stats pretty much indicate that and he gets injured as well.  I'm not a big Cutler fan but he goes circles around Jason Campbell.  Campbell is a great backup though.  They did a good job of signing Michael Bush as a backup rb.  Sadly, I suspect he will be a short yardage td vulture for Forte like he was for McFadden in Oakland.

buzzsaw wrote:

The Bears were playing as well as anybody in the NFL when Forte and Cutler got hurt last year.  Ask any impartial NFL expert and they will verify that.  The Pack are included in anybody for those wondering.

I don't cheer for either of these teams so I'll try to be objective here.  The Bears OL was bad last year.  Getting Martz out of there is a big step, and they have finally surrounded Cutler with talent.  But I have more questions about the defense.  The problem is the Bears defense is getting old.  And they still need a safety. 

The Packers have a few issues.  They need to get more from the running game.  They'll miss Scott Wells more than they think.  Their defense just needs to play better.

I think the Packers are better because they have a more explosive offense and can put more points on the board.  The NFL is predicated on passing the ball now so the advantage the Bears have in the running attack is minimized a bit.

Board footer