You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

faldor wrote:

There are always some new playoff teams from year to year.  It's tough to predict the playoffs this year and not include teams in the AFC like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, and maybe to a lesser extent the Broncos.  I think the Bengals could easily fall off.  Maybe the Chargers bounce back.  Titans?  Bills?  Any of the other teams in the AFC West.

In the NFC, hard not to imagine the Giants, 9'ers, Packers, and Saints returning to the playoffs.  Of course the Niners could take a step back and someone else could emerge in the NFC West.  The Giants could certainly be challenged by the Eagles, maybe the Cowboys.  Maybe the Saints are in for a long year without their coach/players/assistants and the Falcons or Panthers take over.  And the Bears could challenge the Packers as has been discussed.  Not to mention the Lions.

Always tough to predict, but there's always at least a few teams that come out of nowhere.  The NFC seems much harder to predict.  The AFC is top heavy for sure, not as much depth.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I dont see the Giants making the playoffs this year, they lost both Brandon Jacobs and Mario Manningham. The Eagles and Cowboys are both going to have bounce-back years IMO, both are very talented and I think they caught bad breaks last year just like the Bears.

I think the Chargers are going to win the AFC West, people always emphasize that they lost Vincent Jackson, but they have Vincent Brown, Eddie Royal, Robert Meachem, Malcom Floyd, and Antonio Gates. I think Phillip Rivers will have a bounce-back year and play very well!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Campbell has had a different OC every year since his second year in college. Last year he was good till he got hurt.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm no Bears fan but I'm with buzz on this one. The NFL right now is about your QB and your pass rush, and the Bears had both, plus Forte, last year until injuries piled up. I've been a critic of Martz's frequent use of 5-7 step drops, especially with a struggling O-line, but with him out of the way now I expect Cutler to do even better. He was hung out to dry consistently and still turned in good performances. I like the Bears this year a lot - just a shame they have to compete with Aaron Rodgers and the retooled Detroit Lions.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think I have about 20 Bears jerseys.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Side note, I ordered this and it was delivered today:
http://i46.tinypic.com/14266gx.jpg

So Stafford + C. Johnson= the punter

Is that correct?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Side note, I ordered this and it was delivered today:
http://i46.tinypic.com/14266gx.jpg

I don't get it? Are those Stafford and Johnson's numbers?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer