You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Heartbreak

DCK wrote:

I recently accepted a new job offer and will leave my current position. And by that I will also leave what I consider perhaps a colleague-work-soulmate. Never had a better colleague and now I will leave her with a complete mess - alone. It's a bit like Tyler and Perry - shit falls apart if one leaves.

I didn't have the guts to tell her on the phone so I went down to her today and told her. I doubt she took it very well, I didn't take it good either.

I discovered I have new-found respect for the bird that dumped me when I was 23. I never dumped anyone, but I bet this must be what it feels like.

I'm listening to sappy Aerosmith/Skid Row ballads and feel like I have a heartbreak. Jesus allmighty.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I feel for you...hang in there and it will get better.

As someone that hires people all the time, you can always look to bring that person to your new company when a role opens up.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Oh, I'm trying. She's a bit scared of moving as she's not hired privately as I am to become, and she feels her job is more secure where she is, with the municipality.

I'll go on a drinking binge tomorow, just because.

I'm not used to this stuff at all. Live and learn etc.

Lomax wrote:
DCK wrote:

the bird that dumped me when I was 23.

My god I hate when people refer to girls as birds.
Cute story and all... don't get me wrong. But bird? Jeeeeeezis.

On another note. I do hope that all works out for you. Sounds distressing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I say chick. Same thing.

Sorry to hear this, DCK. Hope it all works out.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I can't say chick. Some girl once said she giggled at it everytime as I was the only one still using the word chick. She thought it was really uncool.

Im going rock n roll tonight.

Board footer