You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Best Band: Mikka vs Neemo

-D- wrote:

Mikka:
Mikka-
Lenny Kravitz (Vocals)
Jimmy Page (Lead Guitar)
Jack White (Rhythm Guitar)
John Myung (Bass)
Matt Chamberlain (Drums)
George Martin (Utility)

vs

Neemo

Neemo-
Maynard James Keenan (Vocals)
Slash (Lead Guitar)
Zakk Wylde (Rhythm Guitar)
Rex Brown (Bass)
Lars Ulrich (Drums)
Jerry Cantrell (Utility)

Gentleman please describe your band, what you expect from each position, sound, music etc etc etc.

everyone PLEASE WAIT till players make their cases before voting.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Can a mod switch this title to Mikka vs Neemo?

Thanks

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Sorry I voted in two polls before they could make their cases.  But I don't think they could've changed my mind.  So here I vote for Neemo's band because this would be an ultimate band for me.  His band speaks more to me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Polls have to have same title as thread title

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well I voted for myself....

My band speaks for itself...

Blues based hard rock with some metal thrown in

Cantrell and zakk will be offering up some aic style harmonies to accompany maynards vocals

-D-

-D- wrote:

Sorry,was the first one I did, and I thought the thread subject would be what would show but i was wrong.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Extremely difficult decision because both bands have potential to be amazing! I chose Neemo overall because Mr. Cantrell would make an excellent utility for having an incredible vocal range, guitar player, and song writer. He was the push for me to choose that band. Zakk & Slash play so well together and I would love to hear those session demos they did together in GNR back in '95. So this would be the next big thing for me personally. Mikka, had some badass players behind that band list though. Jimmy & Jack's guitar sound... 11  So I got to give him props for his choices. Lars, one of the best metal drummers out there. Has such a unique style and beat.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Neemo's band's great. Slash and Zakk in the same band... mindblowing 11 I have to agree that his choice of guitarists blows my duo, even with Jimmy Page.

Overall I still like my band better 16  I was looking for a bluesy, bit pscychedelic 70s vibe gang, and I think I made it. wink
Lenny Kravitz can sing anything, he's amazing. I always had the pipe dream of him singin' in a real rock band with such a talent behind him like Page. That'd place his performance on the top.
Jimmy Page... he's Jimmy Page. Cannot be topped.
Jack White is an amazing songwriter. Combine him with PAge and Kravitz, and you'll get the best sexy, rocky, innovating but true-to-the-roots album possible. He's not a monster player, but a monster songwriter. Since I think that many great White Stripes songs would sound even better with Lenny on vocals, I made the ultimate decision. I think it'd pay off in the real world.
John Myung...the Dream Theater guy is probably the best bass player alive. He'd provide a solid and unique background.
Matt Chamberlain from Tori Amos' band... I know that many here don't know him, but he's amazing. The John Bonham of our age, but with a more jazzy and psychedelic feel. I wish he's have played on Slash's first solo album. He, unlike many drummers, only hit when a hit is needed. But a very melodic and innovative drummer, his stuff turns everything to gold.
George Martin... the best producer ever. Lennon and McCartney were amazing talents, but Martin made the boy band into that psychedelic monster that made those incredible albums. His orchestrations are mindblowing, even for the zillionth listen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer