You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Tony Scott Kills Himself

Bono wrote:

I don't give a shit anymore. You're right these people don't deserve sympathy because you handled your situation more effectivley. You're beyond righteous in this thread.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I heard someone say once: "Committing suicide is the most selfish decision you can make" and that always sounded right to me.

It's true BUT in many many cases the person who commits suicide is so lost and not thinking clearly that they truly belive they are doing those they acre about a favor. Then again I've never had suicidal thoughts so I guess I'm just taking it personally cause how could I ever look at it objcetivley if I haven't "been there" FACT is anyone who has not committed suicide has NEVER been in the shoes of someone who has followed through with it and it's incredibly arrogant to suggest they have been.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So a friend that I've known for about 6 years had her father in law pass away this week.  Thursday I went to the visitation and asked what happened.  She said they don't really know, but he suddenly became very depressed and stopped eating and drinking.  He told his wife he didn't want to live this way and proceeded to slowly kill himself (my words, not hers). 

There's nothing you can tell me that says it wasn't a decision.  I'm not saying it doesn't suck and I'm not saying he deserved it, but clearly he was aware that things were bad and his solution was to kill himself slowly.  That's what I'm talking about...it's rarely so sudden that there's no time to do something about it.  The choice is made not to do something about it.  I feel really bad for the family; they are the real victims.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Mike wallace said once, people hear the word depression and they associate it with what they know as depression, like being blue or sad, when in reality, clinical depression is basically insanity.

When I was a teenager I got some bad pills from my dad's doctor (not my usual medication) for some skin treatments. It did something in my body and chemical make up and sent me into a very bad depression. There is just no way to "snap" out of it and be happy, no matter what I tried. Now, it took a couple weeks for me to figure out it was the pills, so I was fine the moment they were out of my system. But I can't imagine what it would be like to live that way 24/7. That's like one of my biggest fears now, it was that horrible.

When I hear about these kids killing themselves because of acne medication it just breaks my heart. I totally understand what they're going through. You just don't think straight or rationally when you're in a depression. You just don't.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So a friend that I've known for about 6 years had her father in law pass away this week.  Thursday I went to the visitation and asked what happened.  She said they don't really know, but he suddenly became very depressed and stopped eating and drinking.  He told his wife he didn't want to live this way and proceeded to slowly kill himself (my words, not hers). 

There's nothing you can tell me that says it wasn't a decision.  I'm not saying it doesn't suck and I'm not saying he deserved it, but clearly he was aware that things were bad and his solution was to kill himself slowly.  That's what I'm talking about...it's rarely so sudden that there's no time to do something about it.  The choice is made not to do something about it.  I feel really bad for the family; they are the real victims.

"The Family Are The Victims"

Alot of times the family are the cause of the problems. But anyways, I digress. You can't pigeonhole depression and suicide like that.

Just because they didn't "see it", doesn't mean he didn't send out all of the signals, "please help me from myself". Sometimes people need to be more observant. Sometimes they need to give a shit a little bit more about someone else, other than themselves. And sometimes people need to not kill themselves to solve the problem.

Either way that's what so fascinating in someways about suicide. People try to control it. Keep it down and understand it, but it always beats them and their understanding. It's thought process remains one of the last memories of life.

Board footer