You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl's net worth....Article Sept 2012

Sky Dog wrote:

not sure how accurate this is but I don't think money is driving this touring spree if this is even semi in the ball park....

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articl … ers-world/

ppp

ppp wrote:

That site is fairly legit and they have mentioned Axl before. And before anyone brings up the whole playing weddings, many wealthy celebrities do that now. Elton John played Rush Limbaugh's wedding (a man who hates gays) and Elton is almost a billionaire.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If he is worth 150, wonder where Slash and Duff come in.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I think Duff has done quite well due to his investments. But that's just a guess.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ppp wrote:

That site is fairly legit and they have mentioned Axl before. And before anyone brings up the whole playing weddings, many wealthy celebrities do that now. Elton John played Rush Limbaugh's wedding (a man who hates gays) and Elton is almost a billionaire.

Many washed up celebrities do it.  I haven't seen a spree of current artists doing it, though I'm sure there are a few exceptions.  If we're going to be fair, we need to be fair both ways.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Actually people like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and Usher have done private gigs for a while. Usually overseas. Sorry I didn't mean to go off topic here.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ppp wrote:

Actually people like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and Usher have done private gigs for a while. Usually overseas. Sorry I didn't mean to go off topic here.

2 washed up, one ghetto whore and Beyonce.  Kind of proves my point.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i don`t know about those figures...

according to the same website:

slash - 32 million$
duff - 20 million$
izzy - 28 million$
steven - 15 million$
buckethead - 8 million$
baz - 7 million$
jonathan davis - 45 million$
fred durst - 8 million$

edit: i mean, those figures sound realistic, but how did they come up with axl`s 150 million$?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This could be an explanation:

The rest of the original bands earnings come up to about 100 million. Axl got close to 50% of the royalties on AFD and UYI. I don't know how much they got paid by the record company, but with a buck a record that's a 100 million on sales alone (netting him at least 50) Then you have radio play and commercials. If Slash isn't being completely literal with how they squandered the cash from the UYI tour that's probably a fair chunk too.

If he made at least 50 million + in the old days there should definitely be a considerable amount left. 150 seems high though. Is it standard for bands of that magnitude to get advisers to invest their money in hedge fund type stuff?

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

well, he got like 20 million bucks for his publishing rights in 2006 and he probably also made quite a few millions off the last tours (incl. those well paid private gigs)

Board footer