You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Axl's net worth....Article Sept 2012

monkeychow wrote:

Maybe...even so though that would add to the networth....which is kinda my point...like GNR brand value is incorporated into that sum of money - along with any assets Axl owns like his house....

What I'm getting at though is that he's not going to sell the GNR name or his house to pay for his day to day lifestyle...so it's very possible he could have a very high paper networth but also have low cashflow...and thus be motivated to play gigs to generate short term living cash flow even though on paper if he were to sell up he is a very wealthy man.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

the name adding to his net worth makes the most sense

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He sold a bulk, if not all of his publishing to Sanctuary for 20 million, right? He had to tour in 2006 to fund recording, right? Doesn't sound like he's worth anywhere near that much.

I'd say with his assets (house, cars, art) on top of touring and residuals, I'd be shocked if he's worth more than 25-30 million in assets -- NOT how much money he has in the bank, that would be impossible to guess. Unless he has some major investments somewhere, not buying he's worth that much.

Sky Dog wrote:

best guess from me would be 50-75 mil but that is literally pulling numbers out of my ass.

However, the name may be worth more than we think. hmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

For what it's worth, Howard Stern references this site all the time when he has guests on his show and the guests always say the numbers are way off.  Now, they could be lying and just being humble, but for the most part their reaction is, "I WISH I was worth that much.  Not even close."  Except the other day, Tony Siragusa actually said he was worth more than the figure they reported.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Signing a publishing deal doesn't necessarily mean Axl doesn't see any publishing royalties either.

Typically such deals involve an advance payment to the artist to lure them into the deal, and then future payments are split between the publisher and the artist at whatever rate they agree - often 70/30 in favour of the artist.

The bands do these deals because the theory is that even only getting 70% instead of the 100% of royalities they would make outside of a publishing deal, they will still make more money with the deal because the publisher has the contacts, time and experience to exploit the song better than the artist. (Eg, get it into movies, etc).

Anyway...that Axl signed a massive publishing deal does not mean that he sold away all his rights necessarily - it's much more likely he's on a percentage deal.

WARose

WARose wrote:

if i remember correctly it was a deal for ten years or something like that

WARose

WARose wrote:

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146037,00.html

a 20 year deal according to this article

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Anyway...that Axl signed a massive publishing deal does not mean that he sold away all his rights necessarily - it's much more likely he's on a percentage deal.

Seems plausible. The complete publishing rights to the GNR catalog should be worth a lot more than the 20 million or so he received.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
axlgod wrote:

I would imagine The red headed loon owns his house outright.

Last someone checked...

Axl lives in a Mediterranean style compound that was valued last year at $3.8 million, a price tag fairly typical for the neighbourhood. He moved into the canyon in 1992, paying a mortgage of about $15,000 a month. - RS, 2000

Board footer