You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: SLASH: Limited-Edition Deluxe Four-Disc Package

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know that anybody is mad about it, I just think they are calling BS on something that they would call BS on anyone else doing.  For example, I would expect people to give Axl shit if a rerelease of CD has something like OMG as the only bonus track or a remix of CD that is actually the leaks everybody already has is released (though some would argue the leaks were better than the album).  If you're going to ask people to buy something again, at least make it worth their while to do so.

It doesn't really matter who put it together either (to me at least).  If it's got your name on it, you should accept whatever comes with it (good or bad).

True, but as Russ alluded to, sometimes the artist doesn't have control over what is released. It depends on their contracts with the label. Lots of bands don't own their own stuff and the label releases countless Greatest Hits, compilations, etc. Not sure what the exact story is here, but I'd imagine it's something along those lines.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash actually runs his own label these days I think, although of course I'd assume the day to day is managed by industry folks.....but I guess to some extent I see what Buzz is sayin that the buck stops with him.

But his operation is industry-savvey in every way I guess, he works the media, he releases a lot of products, he does a lot of promo and support for his shows..and I guess that extends to double dipping like everyone else does these days too.

I'm not too phased by it here cos it seems its a half decent price...bothers me more in situations where albums come out 2 weeks later with new stuff etc...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For example...Chickenfoot are re-releasing their first album - now with the bonus track they didn't put on the Aussie release included and 4 live tracks from the second album.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Don't get me wrong, this is a poor offer but my take is you punish the seller by ignoring said offer. I'd like the book though. Still won't be buying as I have all the other stuff.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If the price is right, and you don't have this stuff (like me), it seems like a decent set to pick up.

Board footer