You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

smoke wrote:

It's a Canadian thing I guess, but I love the Trailer Park Boys. Not sure the TPB need to crowd into Axl's appearance, unless THAT's the skit.

Most of their stuff streams on Netflix if you haven't seen it. You'll either love it or hate, there's no in between.

johndivney wrote:

i know of TPB & i'm in Ireland. & knew of them before they started hanging out @ GnR shows.

but then i do watch too much tv.

having said that, it's been near 10yrs (at least??) since that show came out & it's kinda old hat by now.. no?

it's like doing a skit about Friends. or Cheers.
still, if it means Axl's more comfortable i guess fair enough & it could still be funny. it is a funny show so..

smoke

smoke wrote:

Agreed, it's totally weird. The show started in 2001, and they've had two movies, in 2007 and 2009. AND they're already toured with GNR in the past. So I'm not sure how fresh or relevant that whole thing is gonna be to the audience. Maybe Gallagher was already busy that night smile

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Them guys sure hit it off:

"Bubbles got caught in a snowstorm on the way back from New York. He was down there with Axl Rose, watching him record his new record." (Trailer Park Boys, The Tyee, 01/22/07)

-CW

johndivney wrote:

lol@'snowstorm'

a snow storm up their noses.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Ron tweeted about the show too. Could just be guests of Axl's. Not necessarily part of a skit or performance. They could be in the audience, or more likely backstage keeping Axl company before he goes on. Kimmel's show has a bar in the back where guests hang out before and after the show. It's a party like atmosphere. Maybe another reason Kimmel was the chosen one.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

GN'R Tweeted that Ron will be a part of Jimmy Kimmel.

That's cool news! Glad to hear bumblefoot will be there to join in on the interview or maybe a performance. A special announcement perhaps? He may just be there to make Axl feel more comfortable and outgoing. To prevent any awkwardness.

smoke

smoke wrote:

That is great news. Hopefully he's not just there as "some dude in the other chair" a la the TMS interview with DJ. Looking forward to this.

smoke

smoke wrote:

...or maybe Ron's just tagging along to support his beard, which will be giving the real interview.

Board footer