You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

Naltav wrote:

Sure, some us may think it's waaay cool that Axl is gonna be on TV (myself included). Because it is a far and few in between event for US.

But I'm not sure anyone is really expecting some grand revelation on an epic scale or that Axl in one big scoop is gonna convince every viewer that Axl fuckin Rose is BACK BABY!!!!
All the comments are pointing on some airtime where he's gonna plug upcuming gigs in Vegas. And that is basicly what every musician/moviestar/director are doing on these kind of shows.

The only small posibility of something MAJOR being said is if Axl has a quick mention that after the Vegas-thing, GNR is gonna release a followup to CD. But that is major for us die-hards only. And that's cool. We all know that the average music fan is not sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for a new album.

Another possible cool result outta this. Axl CAN be very entertaining when being interviewed. I know I cracked up on some of the stuff said on Trunk's radio show. Maybe, just maybe, some of the average viewers will go: "Hey, Axl Rose seems actually like a real funny and cool guy. Who knew...?"

Yeah yeah, I know... A few minutes of airtime is not gonna erase 25 years of bad press bla bla bla.... But we can hope and he can try. No harm. I think some people will be left with a positive impression of him.

Axlin12 wrote:

You're right. I'm sorry, but I don't see Axl Rose talking as some sort of big deal. I've heard him do it. Ding ding for him. I can talk to.

Axlin12 wrote:

If you're not in Vegas, no one gives a fuck. Why wasn't Axl doing this fucking shit when they were touring North America?

30-60 minutes of airtime on VH1 doesen't count? smile19
Seemed to me like the rock press was all over it at the time. same as they are now with this Kimmel apperance. It is news!

Seems that the GNR-camp are trying to do a better job on promoting. Kimmel, Vegas, a gig in the fuckin cinemas! C'mon! It's like night and day compared to what we're used to.

The night and day argument is uber lame.

Normal bands go out and promote their work and they don't have a text book on excuses why they can't function normally.

As a follower of this band since 2000. I am not interested in Axl Rose just chatting with Jimmy Kimmel about the good old days and some stupid anecdote about getting drunk or lame story about a hotel in Paris.

If he ain't announcing a new album, I don't give a shit.

Let's face it the interview is going to just be a anecdotal safe interview and Jimmy Kimmel is going to be afraid to bring up Slash or any old Guns N' Roses reference.

It will be a safe plug and shit anecdotal story.

You can't teach this band new tricks.

Basic promotion is not something to applaud either.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

It's going to be the same type of interview that many other artists give.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Me either. Personally the only problems with the TMS interview were the following. Trunk wouldn't stop talking at times and there were too many commercials that didn't allow Axl to talk more! I loved the backstage live footage and the other content that was posted later on with some of the other band members speaking. Overall, I personally like Kimmel as a late show host and I think he'll do just fine interviewing Axl and it will just be a fun time with maybe a few surprises. Even though Fallon is the bigger fan of GNR. I do hope a last minute performance on stage after the interview with the band is a possibility cause that would help a ton.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I can't imagine the interview will be more than 10 minutes, pre-taped, and scripted. I'm not getting my hopes up

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

It's going to be the same type of interview that many other artists give.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Right, because Jimmy Kimmel and EVERY other late night talk show host is so well known for giving the hard hitting interviews and asking the tough questions.  tongue

Anyone expecting anything like that will be extremely disappointed.  And if you don't care to hear a fun, light hearted interview with Axl, so be it.  Don't tune in.  Life will go on.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

I can't imagine the interview will be more than 10 minutes, pre-taped, and scripted. I'm not getting my hopes up

Well that is exactly how ever single talk show out there operates. They are ALL prerecorded, rehearsed and taped hours before airtime.

What would be cool is if they did a skit  or had a segment not part of the interview that Axl participated in. Would be awesome to see Axl do some kind of  "Jay Walking" thing for Kimmel. get out on the street and interview regular people but just act normal and not tell them he is Axl Rose. Would be hilarious to see Axl asking random people questions about Guns N' Roses especially if they had no clue who he was.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Well that is exactly how ever single talk show out there operates. They are ALL prerecorded, rehearsed and taped hours before airtime.

What would be cool is if they did a skit  or had a segment not part of the interview that Axl participated in. Would be awesome to see Axl do some kind of  "Jay Walking" thing for Kimmel. get out on the street and interview regular people but just act normal and not tell them he is Axl Rose. Would be hilarious to see Axl asking random people questions about Guns N' Roses especially if they had no clue who he was.

Now that would be a dream come true and would make Axl seem like a cool dude to the casual fans and regular joes who may not be familiar with Guns' music. It would be hilarious having Axl poke fun at himself.  Kimmel should get on that pronto!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah reminds me of the skit Chickenfood did on their live DVD.

You've got Chad smith going around with a chickenfoot photo (with himself in it) and asking people if they know any of the people in the photo. Nearly no one does...and they're saying funny shit about them..not realising the're talking to someone in the pic....plus random people keep thinking he's will feral or whatever that comics name is that looks like him....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I won't be shocked if he brings up the HOF.

Kimmel is the same guy (back in 02-03 I think) who was interviewing Slash and then said "it's been ten years, ladies and gentlement, Axl Rose." And Slash's smile was a mile wide and he kept saying, "No way." The dude looked so excited. But instead of bringing out Axl, he brought out some fat dude in a bandana and kilt. I have never seen a guy get so deflated and disappointed the way Slash was. He actually handled very cool, considering, but you could tell he was pissed... That segment was complete bullshit. It wasn't funny. And I have never watched another Kimmel since.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

14 you haven't watched Kimmel in 10 years because of that? Dude you shouldn't take things so personal. That's actually even more ridiculous than Axl and Slash not talking in 15 years.

Board footer