You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

Mikkamakka wrote:

BTW as far as I know this will be played in cinemas across the world, like U2, Stones or Queen did it before. I'm not sure if there is enough interest for this GN'R though.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Not to be the negative dick but all this would have been more exciting a few years ago. Now, it's either new record or eh in my eyes. I also agree we prolly won't see a state wide release here in the states, maybe a limited run. But I will still by a dvd if it comes out.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Tis nice to get a new release with a quality show (& IZZY).

But whoever put together that trailer (RRHOF mention / no CD songs) oughta be ashamed of themselves. Better than Better, tho.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've been calling for a pro-shot DVD for years so I'm happy about it.

Although it would be ballsier to do a proshot dvd of all the Chinese Democracy songs - between 09-12 they've played most of them - and then maybe just add in jungle, nighttrain  and PC as features to round off the disk.

I'lll pick it up for sure.

However to be honest references to their past sales and entry into the RRHOF make me uncomfortable. I guess given they're called GNR it makes sense on some level. But other than Axl/Dizzy no members of the band are in the hall for being in GNR, and the band this is a video of arn't the guys who played on those huge selling albums, so it seems sort of awkward to pimp it out like they are.

Sky Dog wrote:

looks more like a fireworks show than a rock concert... I hate pyro.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Tis nice to get a new release with a quality show (& IZZY).

But whoever put together that trailer (RRHOF mention / no CD songs) oughta be ashamed of themselves. Better than Better, tho.

To be fair, if they're trying to get people to go see this in theaters, they have to sell it by "using" the brand.  People aren't going to flock to see a DVD featuring a lineup of GNR that they're not familiar with.  Is it false advertising?  Close to it, but I highly doubt GNR management approved, or were consulted with the copy of that trailer. 

And I too can't see this playing in theaters in the US, if anywhere.  Straight to DVD release.  I mean, I'd pay to go see it, but I'd probably be quite lonely in the theater.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Who would go and see this? YouTube is drenched in live clips of this band and it's free. I'd have to have a shit load of interviews in there too with behind the scenes footage before I'd shed one euro in this.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

To be fair, if they're trying to get people to go see this in theaters, they have to sell it by "using" the brand.

Fair enough, but at least one (1) CD song wouldn't had hurt.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

To be fair, if they're trying to get people to go see this in theaters, they have to sell it by "using" the brand.

Fair enough, but at least one (1) CD song wouldn't had hurt.

They should, I agree.  Maybe there will be other trailers that incorporate CD songs.

Ali

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

They havent won 10 grammys have they?

Board footer