You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: DJ Ashba on New Material and 'Unique' Vegas Residency

Aussie wrote:
DJ Ashba wrote:

"That's kind of what's been cool about Guns: it's so spontaneous live, we've never followed a set list."

54kef.jpg

Poor guy he sounds very excited and optimistic - as he has for a number of years.  Hope he's not disappointed again.

Hopefully his comment about the accoustic set and adding a couple of songs that they haven't before is accurate.  Athough sadly my guess is it will be original GNR stuff not new stuff.

Although that said if everything is "spontaneous live" how would he know what they were going to add to the set list that doesn't exist.  14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We don't get half those songs!

Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, and I am sorry if I offend a few, I REALLY don't like Slashba, DJSixx at all. How in the fuck has this clown become a spokesman for the band?....essentially for "Gnr"...WTF? If you notice the trailer of the DVD has one of his cheesy guitars raised in the air at the end....fuck this.:flame:

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Ali wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Kind of Implies Axl's not entirely happy with what he has recorded, don't you think? Otherwise why would he want more input?

I don't see it that way at all.  I see it in the same light as BBF adding his flair to Chinese Democracy, or Frank adding his.  It's about wanting the guys currently in the band to have their input and make a contribution to material already written and/or recorded.

Ali

No disrespect to Bumble or Frank I think this was a mistake.

If the song is strong, and existing contributions are good, leave it alone! Especially if it has already been through multiple iterations, mixing etc.

That's why I can't understand why they didn't do something with just some of these tracks over the last 4 years - b-sides, standalone singles, eps etc. Unless they're maybe just not as great as we were led to believe.

I prefer the idea of a CD re-release as a double album, accompanied by a completely new album shortly after, fresh tracks written by the band today. Let DJ, Fortus and Bumble loose without any previous influence.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Scabbie wrote:
Ali wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Kind of Implies Axl's not entirely happy with what he has recorded, don't you think? Otherwise why would he want more input?

I don't see it that way at all.  I see it in the same light as BBF adding his flair to Chinese Democracy, or Frank adding his.  It's about wanting the guys currently in the band to have their input and make a contribution to material already written and/or recorded.

Ali

If the song is strong, and existing contributions are good, leave it alone! Especially if it has already been through multiple iterations, mixing etc.

That's why I can't understand why they didn't do something with just some of these tracks over the last 4 years - b-sides, standalone singles, eps etc. Unless they're maybe just not as great as we were led to believe.

I prefer the idea of a CD re-release as a double album, accompanied by a completely new album shortly after, fresh tracks written by the band today. Let DJ, Fortus and Bumble loose without any previous influence.

Agreed! I want that approach to happen too.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

What I just don't like about this GNR is that they TELL us the fans a totally made up history of this new band and just keep heaping it on with BS about set lists...

Its like "what the fuck? we have been here ALL ALONG, don't tell us what we did or didn't see!"

I fucking HATE that aspect of this band.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, and I am sorry if I offend a few, I REALLY don't like Slashba, DJSixx at all. How in the fuck has this clown become a spokesman for the band?....essentially for "Gnr"...WTF? If you notice the trailer of the DVD has one of his cheesy guitars raised in the air at the end....fuck this.:flame:

Ooooookeeyy.....

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
Ali wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Ali

I'm personally not saying it was a mistake or not.  I think Frank's drums on "Better" were unnecessary, but at the same time, I think BBF's fretless part on the title track improved the song.  So, I don't think there is a clear cut answer.

I'm just stating that I think the intent may not reflect a lack of confidence in the material.  I think there is an alternative explanation possible.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There's always an alternate explanation from the GnR camp.  Doesn't mean it's any more true than the fan's explanation.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's all bullshit...shit or get off the pot...(talkin bout dj's ramblings).

Board footer