You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: DJ Ashba on New Material and 'Unique' Vegas Residency

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DJ Ashba wrote:

"That's kind of what's been cool about Guns: it's so spontaneous live, we've never followed a set list."

14:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

They already know it by heart.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

"[Axl Rose] has tons of stuff done [and] recorded that he's played for me and wants my input on," Ashba tells Rolling Stone. "Axl's put together such a talented group of musicians and there are so many songs that are already worked out. So we've got a good jump on it, for sure."

He said this same thing THREE YEARS ago.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think he has the speech recorded and pulls it out whenever anyone asks the question.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm happy that he wants things to change within the band's set and performance during these shows. Especially for the people seeing this multiple times. Still going to be awesome either way. I still have hope at the bottom that since they will be in Vegas for awhile, that should be the right time to record or work on something other than resting for the next show. But..hey I can dream!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'm willing to bet the band won't see Axl once between shows.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Nice to hear some good news. At the very least I would expect some news about new material soon.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Kind of Implies Axl's not entirely happy with what he has recorded, don't you think? Otherwise why would he want more input?

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Kind of Implies Axl's not entirely happy with what he has recorded, don't you think? Otherwise why would he want more input?

I don't see it that way at all.  I see it in the same light as BBF adding his flair to Chinese Democracy, or Frank adding his.  It's about wanting the guys currently in the band to have their input and make a contribution to material already written and/or recorded.

Ali

Board footer