You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: CD Riff Sounds Like "Louie Louie"

dave-gnfnr wrote:

[youtube]eGpActuZbGc&[/youtube]

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Not the song. Robin obviously picked up a bit of inspiration from the riff, more or less. It's how it works, Fox News.

Next.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its all power chords...and most of the time you stay within the first 7 frets and top 2 strings to play them so there is bound to be repetition from one song to another...donest even mean that he was influenced by louie louie or whatever...it happens, hell i accidentially figure out parts of random tunes all the time by just messing with standard chord and power chord shapes

but louie louie is standard tuning and cd is drop d...so its not the same

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

it's a bog standard riff. it sounds like something you'd hum while you're taking a  particularly good dump, but nothing special.
kinda like an motorhead on steroids, except not as good as that sounds.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Also, the riff was written by Josh Freese!
smile

http://www.spinner.com/2009/03/27/guns- … -axl-rose/

"The two spent the next two years in the studio, working up new songs including the Rose/Freese composition that became the 'Chinese Democracy' title track. "That's a wacky feather in my cap," Freese says with a laugh. "After 10 years I was ready to see [the song] have eight different writers on it, but it didn't get convoluted and f---ed up.""

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Come on man.  Everything sounds like something else.  There are only so many chord progressions that sound half way decent out there.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

its all power chords...and most of the time you stay within the first 7 frets and top 2 strings to play them so there is bound to be repetition from one song to another...donest even mean that he was influenced by louie louie or whatever...it happens, hell i accidentially figure out parts of random tunes all the time by just messing with standard chord and power chord shapes

but louie louie is standard tuning and cd is drop d...so its not the same

Yeah. A year ago I wrote a great acoustic intro... then I figured out it was 97% the same as Tesla's Love Song! 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

buzz is right.

everyone hears and interprets things differently but...

the more simple the song, piece, or riff the more you can relate it to others.

not the most original sounding riff - it's too simple

Board footer