You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Trying something new (updated)

Gibbo wrote:

Works alright on my iPhone just the brown text is a bit hard to read

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Wow... I hadn't been around in a bit, and checked the site from my phone. I thought Google fucked up and sent me to the wrong board until I saw The Black Hole.

Gotta check it from a regular browser... But from here... Not bad.  bumblefoot

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Cool a Axl thumbnail for your favourites

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
smoke wrote:

Slight bummer that multi touch resizing is no longer supported. I use that a ton on mobile to hit tiny links and buttons.

I miss that too!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

The site looks good on my iPhone and iPad. As others above have said on my iPhone it would,be good if I could enlarge it when I want to hit page numbers, as it's hard with my fat fingers.

Also when looking at multiple pages in a thread is there a way to know which page you are on, like having the current page number you are on underlined, so I know which page number to hit to view the next one?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Will wrote:

I've temporarily removed the font-replacement code which I think may have been causing the flickering. Are you able to test it smoke and let me know if its now fixed at your end? smile

So, a couple of things I'm noticing. First, it's still flickering like mad. To best describe the scenario, if I click into a forum or a thread (any place where I can flick to scroll a significant amount), when I scroll the middle black area flickers between being a narrow empty ribbon and the normal width with text in it. A few times, it's been so bad that it's just seemed to lock up completely, leaving me with a narrow black ribbon.

Also, strangely enough, the background in the Black Hole is the same as everywhere else, but only on my phone. Looks and behaves fine on my laptop.

New issue, on both phone and laptop, the "New Posts" on the main page seem to have disappeared.

I wish I could video the behavior on my phone for you- I was looking for an app that does screen cams. I may be able to get you some still screen shots if that would help though.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Holy Shit.
This is niiiiiice.
weird... but, nice

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Nice favicon! Been wanting one of those since I first found this place!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Cheers for the additional feedback smoke. I removed the [New posts] from the homepage as it shouldn't have been there, but as Russ says we'll bring back the old option of "Show All New Posts".

Also, mobiles shouldn't be showing the custom backgrounds in Black Hole etc as I thought it was an unnecessary extra load.

Board footer