You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview for VEGAS.com

buzzsaw wrote:

I've been writing for GnR too.  Axl has heard as much of my stuff as he has DJs.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ah.... If only that was based in reality.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You know the thing with this band and the way it’s always been with this band is there’s never really a set set list.

I get sick of hearing this. Do these guys spew this crap with a straight face?

Well, you know, we’ve been playing a lot of those songs for a long time

That's the understatement of the millennium.

I always think it’s good to twist things around a little bit when you play things live.

Bucket's Nightrain outro the best example.

“We’ve been kicking some ideas around. We have some time off in Vegas. Hopefully we’ll be able to organize ourselves to get in a room and continue to refine a lot of those ideas and see what happens.

You mean like how Soundgarden recorded a big chunk of their new album between shows? It'll never happen.

I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together.

This says it all. Ron confirmed it two or three years ago and now Dizzy has confirmed it again. They are officially the least productive major rock band in history.

I wish Axl would just come out and confirm what we already know and say they are a nostalgia act and that the chance of new albums is virtually zero. While the news would be a bummer obviously, it would make the situation less frustrating. Fans do enjoy going down memory lane and there will be an audience to hear those songs(attendance may fluctuate though).  Hard cores will be alienated to an admission of nostalgia, but its a small percentage of their overall base.

I'd rather hear an Axl admission than DJ, Dizzy,etc. blowing smoke up our asses annually while at the same time admitting zero progress on new material.

Sky Dog wrote:

It's a cabaret act...Dizzy is this....

Kurtz: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Willard: I'm a soldier.
Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill

axl92

You need your karma back on.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's nothing but DJ's word to say it isn't.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, there's Tommy's word to say he has.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Tommy said the he wrote with DJ and Axl?  I don't remember that, but that's still possible because I'm not at all interested in what they'd come up with.

johndivney wrote:

two great posts by Olorin itt

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Tommy said the he wrote with DJ and Axl?  I don't remember that, but that's still possible because I'm not at all interested in what they'd come up with.

No, Tommy said DJ had written some stuff Axl really liked and wanted to pursue, and that he (Tommy) wanted to get back to some of the music that wasn't as fleshed out from the vault and work on that. I'm pretty sure he gave a number of songs, but I can't rememeber what that was.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, Tommy said DJ had written some stuff Axl really liked and wanted to pursue, and that he (Tommy) wanted to get back to some of the music that wasn't as fleshed out from the vault and work on that. I'm pretty sure he gave a number of songs, but I can't rememeber what that was.

DJ had written some stuff is different than Axl wrote for GnR.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Face it: they can write on their own or in separated groups, but DJ Ashba and Axl can't write all the instruments. They are not Beethoven-cathegory composers. As long as they don't get the whole band into a room to work on the ideas, there aren't anything we could call a song. I'm sure that's what Dizzy meant, cause that's how creative process works in rock bands. So in a nutshell: they still have stuff from '99, but nothing new since 2006 (and possibly 2004).

We're in 2012, so in some aspects Axl was closer to a new album in 1999 than now.

Board footer