You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview for VEGAS.com

misterID wrote:

The point was no one was writing for GN'R. That was wrong.

Second, we don't know how close they are to releasing the next album. Everything from the forum members here is just speculation, not fact. I'm going by members of the band who actually have a track record of honesty. wink

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

If the next album will be Buckethead/Finck/Freese/Brain material with the other guys little additions, than I wouldn't call that new. Next would be a better word. But I'm afraid we are years from it anyway.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Second, we don't know how close they are to releasing the next album. Everything from the forum members here is just speculation, not fact. I'm going by members of the band who actually have a track record of honesty. wink

I'm sorry - I mistyped.  DJ wrote some stuff Axl likes is different than DJ is writing for Axl and GnR.  Slash wrote some stuff Axl liked (and some he didn't) and it became a snakepit album.  Anything short of DJ and Axl wrote together means nothing is being written for GnR.

Sky Dog wrote:

We'll get nothing and like it!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No we won't like it, Ted Knight.

But the truth is, and I haven't really wanted to comment much on it, i've been off-board chewing the fat on this Vegas deal, and honestly?

I would not be suprised one bit if this Vegas act is Axl testing the waters for his retirement gig.

He does not come across one bit as a man that has any interest in recording again. I think its been so long since he's done it at this point, that it seems like a big ass headache for little return.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm sorry - I mistyped.  DJ wrote some stuff Axl likes is different than DJ is writing for Axl and GnR.  Slash wrote some stuff Axl liked (and some he didn't) and it became a snakepit album.  Anything short of DJ and Axl wrote together means nothing is being written for GnR.

If DJ wrote stuff for GN'R, that's how I'm going to take it. Buckethead and Brain wrote stuff without Axl for GN'R. Again, I understand you see it differently but I was responding to the post that no one in the band was writing anything for GN'R and that wasn't correct.

Got that, Spalding???!!

Nananananananana...

IT'S IN THE HOLE!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Noone is writing for GnR.  DJ is writing stuff Axl apparently likes.  Ali would easily tell you I am correct.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Noone is writing for GnR.  DJ is writing stuff Axl apparently likes.  Ali would easily tell you I am correct.

I understand that's your opinion and how you choose to see it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I understand that's your opinion and how you choose to see it.

Correct.  I just wanted to clarify the statement of fact you made earlier was indeed just your opinion.  That's all...no big deal.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's how I look at it. Axl is in GN'R and DJ is in GN'R, and DJ is writing for Axl, for future GN'R music right.... 10

Seems like DJ is writing music for GN'R to me.

I mean he's not just writing random music that will end up nowhere (well, maybe it will the way Axl is going... 16 ), but it seems as though DJ clearly wants to create new Guns N' Roses music, thus presenting it to Axl for future GN'R material.

Board footer