You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview for VEGAS.com

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, You don't have to hate him. I dislike him enough for both of us. (not talking about MisterId of course)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Side bar: I read someone other Dizzy/Vegas interview on either htgth or mygnr or both. Not sure if it's a direct quote but Dizzy is claimed to have said they're playing all of AFD at each show. I'm really hoping that's not true.

Start to finish?  Now that's progress.

I'd rather they play the Illusions albums start to finish even though I don't really want to hear them play the songs I consider Slash's masterpieces.

Sky Dog wrote:

I saw that too....that will really bring the anti new gnr bashers out.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, You don't have to hate him. I dislike him enough for both of us. (not talking about MisterId of course)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

It's not like I have anything against the guy other than his whoring of himself and his stuff all the time (I know...ironic for a Slash fan).  I don't mind whoring yourself if you're part of what made something, but it seems like he's using this platform to promote himself.  I guess that's the way it goes, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

johndivney wrote:

i'd rather hear Think About You & Michelle than Scraped & Catcher in the Rye.
(stating the obvious, no??)

it is the AFD anniversary celebrations after all.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

They are talking Nightrain on fantasy football radio on sirius - AFD starts now!!!!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Side bar: I read someone other Dizzy/Vegas interview on either htgth or mygnr or both. Not sure if it's a direct quote but Dizzy is claimed to have said they're playing all of AFD at each show. I'm really hoping that's not true.

I understand the obvious "that sucks", but why is it all that shocking. You're Crazy (acoustic one mind you) has become a GN'R 2009-12 staple, and Axl was already practically playing AFD from start to finish in 2002.

So don't be shocked if that's what you get. But they're not gonna get away with a 12-song only set. It might be AFD, but my guess is it still features Patience, Used To Love Her, November Rain & You Could Be Mine -- AT LEAST, if not also Better, CD & This I Love.

The biggest issue I have with that, is at least in 2002 yours truely -- bucket -- was adding new takes to the material and keeping it fresh.

At this point i'd rather hear these guys play UYI or CD. Not because there's less played material there, but because ALL OF THESE DUDES (love you all) pale in comparison to the AFD band playing those songs. Frank is probably the only one up there that's doing just fine on AFD. But DJ, Ron, Tommy & Richard just don't have the feel of Slash, Duff & Izzy and never will.

Now if Axl called up Izzy & Duff to play a FULL GN'R show in Vegas and played an anniversary day of AFD, with Frank on drums, gotta be honest... short of a full reunion, that's the ONLY thing that he could do that would interest me in a full AFD show in 2012. I'd be curious to hear "that" sound, and what it brings. Something tells me it'd still be missing a helluva lot of 21 though. I've heard the guy live, Slash's "feel" is a whole 'nother beast. I've heard every GN'R guitarist other than Bucket, play that stuff live, and only Slash does it right. It's still amazing to this day in a live setting. Like 1988 never ended.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer