You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Commissioner, Women’s Shelter Call GN'R Concerts Ads 'Inappropriate'

Axlin16 wrote:

Art is ART.

FUCK CENSORSHIP

spl305871_001-500x751.jpg

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Still long way from violent sexual assault.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Please....maybe one of the top 20 covers ever if it had not been banned. Truly, perfect cover art for AFD...literally perfect. If you ban that, then you should make them take off It's So Easy, Anything Goes, etc.

Instead of the shit we are getting for this so called anniversary, they should have re-released AFD with original artwork, outtakes, alt versions, and demos....a 2 cd release with killer liner notes etc.

No, we get the Gnr cabaret doing a run through of stripper parties in Sin City. Not bad, but ...but...

-D-

-D- wrote:

I could see a Women's Shelter having a problem with it, art or not. doesn't excuse the act.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Please....maybe one of the top 20 covers ever if it had not been banned. Truly, perfect cover art for AFD...literally perfect. If you ban that, then you should make them take off It's So Easy, Anything Goes, etc.

Instead of the shit we are getting for this so called anniversary, they should have re-released AFD with original artwork, outtakes, alt versions, and demos....a 2 cd release with killer liner notes etc.

No, we get the Gnr cabaret doing a run through of stripper parties in Sin City. Not bad, but ...but...

the cross w/ skulls is ten times better and way more iconic and would've stood the test of time way better. the rape scene art is lame, cheesy and really not that good. ban worthy? Maybe not but thank god it was relegated to the inner sleeve and the cross became the main cover art.

And though I agree art is art I can see why some might have an issue with this and that's fine that's their right. To be honest though to even attempt to compare ads for consential prostitution with ads of a blatant rape scene is flat out ridiclous. Let's get real.  There's clearly a  line between the two, let's be adults and draw the distinction how about rather than say why would anyone have an issue with this if they don't have an issue with that. roll

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the cross w/ skulls is ten times better and way more iconic and would've stood the test of time way better. the rape scene art is lame, cheesy and really not that good. ban worthy? Maybe not but thank god it was relegated to the inner sleeve and the cross became the main cover art.

Agreed. I prefer the cross with skulls much better. It's more rock n' roll and legendary to me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Well it's kinda tough to argue against her POV. It's not a very tasteful picture.

I guess I'm just curious as to what high moral ground the commissioner is standing on given everything that's condoned in Vegas.

You have a point, however I doubt there are many things that appear to advocate violence against women in Las Vegas, which appears to be her beef.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
-D- wrote:

Huge difference in something "Legal" there which is prostitution and a violent depiction of Rape and or battery of women.

Prostitution is not legal in Clark County, but they allow advertising like the above insinuating otherwise.

Ya gotta go over to Pahrump for that.

(That's what D told me anyway.)

-D-

-D- wrote:

SO if someone paints a picture of a black guy being lynched, it would be ok cause its art?

Cmon now.

Board footer