You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 10/31/2012 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I am seriously gonna start giving you negative karmas for this shit man. Everytime time the guy does a show after a hiatus you seriously post the same fucking thing.

Axl looks NO DIFFERENT than he has since 2009. Whether you think he looks awesome, whether you think he looks like a fat mick wearing Michael Jackson hats, nothing... NOTHING has changed since 2009. NOTHING!!!!

Seriously... 3... 2... 1... ID posting about how Axl's lost weight. When he comes out looking in the exact same shape and stage set up since 2009 man.

I love 'ya man, but god damn.

Calm down, and stop posting bullshit. We argued about what he looked like when I said he looked like a bloated, redneck truck driver and his pedophile mustache in 2009 and you were fawning over his stupid fucking cowboy hat.

If you want to be an obnoxious ass, fine, but be honest about the shit you're trying to stir, dude. And since you couldn't take the time to get your shit straight on this, you obviously didn't give a fucking second notice to see I wasn't the only one who said it.

Hey ID, take a look at this post. Rinse and repeat, again and again. 22

Bono wrote:

Axl has looked the same since 2009. What we've got here is.. too many anal fuckers disecting every little picture that features Axl. If you'd step back and breath you'd realize he looks the same. I can't stand the Axl's weight topics because for fuck sakes he looks te same every damn time yet an unflattering picture gets poste and the nerds starting whing about how he's fat ad out of shape then 3 weeks later a picture gets posted and he looks great and the small minded think oh wow he must have been working out over the last 3 weeks. Give your heads a shake people honestly. He's looked near identical since 2009.

Hey, Axlin, check out D's and Wise Magic, and then look at the source you're quoting and then try going back and actually think about what I've said in the past.

I mean, I can totally see how "Axl looks terrible" and "I wish he'd go back to his 06 look" and "he looks like a redneck trucker" could totally be misinterpreted as, "gee, golly, Axl just looks totally awesome. I love all the layers of bad flannel shirts, glitter jackets and scarfs. Like, every time he comes back he like looks totally awesome."

Yes, his look is little more 2006 now, it seems TO ME. If anyone disagrees, I really don't care.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hey ID, read this post, and it pretty much sums up my opinion on the subject. It was NEVER intended as a personal attack. It was a piss take, with origins of truth.

See here...

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I genuinely don't get the drama over the Bridge School shows, he had some bad spots but he also had some good, I thought You're Crazy sounded great. From the clips I've heard of Vegas he sounded great, much more vintage Axl, he was always hit and miss even in the old days, so 20 years on bad nights are to be expected. However as the clips from Vegas show, when he's on he's still got it in spades.

As for the setlist meh, give it til show 6/7 and see where we are, it's hard to show that you have a rotating changing setlist on night one of twelve.

Yeah, that's what I don't get either.  It seems to me people exaggerate Axl's vocal issues.  He's been spotty his whole career.  Some nights he's better than others.  When he has a "Bridge School" night people freak out and say he's washed up.  Then he comes back a week later and proves them wrong.  He'll have another bad night, I'm sure, and people will freak out again and scream that he should go into the studio before he loses it completely.  You can set your clock by it.  Calm down people.  Take a deep breath.

Also, on the setlist.  I'd expect SOME slight changes as they go along.  If we've learned anything over the years, you can't believe everything you read.  So if you expected a completely different setlist the first night, and every night thereafter, I don't know what to tell you.  We should all know better by now.

I think this logic, applies to Axl's physical appearence, personally. To me Axl looks like 2009, it's obvious, and regardless of whether you care what I or anyone else thinks ID, it doesn't give you any kind of street cred. You just look like a fanboy nerd.

We all do. That's kinda what I was getting at.

I'm just as guilty, and am admitting it right now. After Axl's rebound from the Bridge School show, i'm officially no longer calling the guy out on his vocals. Faldor is completely right, and it's become ridiculous at this point. I, as well as most of the world, hear the literally GOD AWFUL performance at Bridge School, and to call it that -- is fine. Nothing wrong with that.

But the washed up thing is kinda over. People count Axl out, and other than him not getting anything done, whether its his fault or anything else, but the guy is obviously still immesely talented and still has it vocally, just he's become more irratic with each passing year and spotty.

Whether it's Axl's looks -- the man is in his 50's, he's not 28 anymore.

Whether it's Axl's weight -- the man is not fat. He's not bone thin either. Deal with it.

Whether it's Axl's vocals -- he's not washed up. Oct. 31st PROVED that. I'll shut up about it. Sure when he sucks, call him on it. But to count him out is BEYOND redundant at this point. I'm just as guilty as anyone, and W. Axl Rose proved me wrong. Fair enough, a tip of the cap to him.

Now let's see what he does with it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I have thought that same way about his looks too.  Sure he's taken some bad photos in the past.  Who hasn't?  But there again have been cases where one bad picture pops up and then good ones surface a week later.  I don't think he all of a sudden went into the gym for 7 straight days to get in shape.  He does look pretty much the same to me over the last few years.  I don't see any major changes.  You can't make great judgments comparing bad pictures to good pictures, because they both exist from each and every year.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I'm waiting for more vids to show up from last night but from what I've heard, dude sounded like he was on fire.

Agree, Axl sounded great.  Hey, if you're gonna play the "same old setlist" as people refer to it as, you might as well nail it. 

Posted over on HTGTH.  The guy has a few other partial songs on his youtube page. 

This I Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykHYk_t1 … el&list=UL

Madagascar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NBehWTK … el&list=UL

Don't Cry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ljS1OO … el&list=UL

Axl sounds absolutely fucking stunning in those clips. Not vintage, but definitely comparable to 2010, with hints of the strongest power-helium moments of 2011 & 2002.

CD quality worthy. axl dj ron frank

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is a petty and stupid subject to argue over, yes. Thats not the point. It was a disrespectful approach to come at me like that, especially you, who've I always treated with respect and on top of it you posted something that wasn't true.

Really, his look seems better to me. That's my opinion and anyone can say they don't see the difference I do (and I'm not saying anything ridiculous about how he looks, just that he looks better, imo) that's not what this is about.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

FYI I only care about pro-shot quality live GN'R recordings. I don't have the fanboyism anymore to search for and sit out different quality audience stuff. I just don't. Mostly because you can't judge the performance by the crappy sound. The crappiest the sound, the better Axl sounds.

Invasion, RAR, Rio, Bridge School and probably the London show if were not manipulated in the past months. That's what means anything for me performance wise. I watched the 2006 Invasion show and Axl was on a fire. That was a killer performance. Axl-apologists can say whatever they want, but he's lost more since 2006, than between 1992 and 2006. A professional artist can't afford such a shitty night he did at the Bridge School Benefit. C-A-N-T. It wasn't a bad night. It was awfully disastrous and an assault against Guns N' Roses nad his own legacy. Even my dogs sing better than he did. He would have been beaten to death at a karaoke night for sure.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'd just like to say I've been consistent since day 1 and have bicthed out anyone and everyone who comments on the dudes weight. Fashion is one thing constantly nagging about his weight makes me wanna bitch slap people. Especially since it appears he fluctuates by about 5 pounds. I know for a fact people on this board are also over weight. yeah yeah Axl is a professional....... musician. He's not suiting up for the Colts or Raiders. I just find the whole topic ridiculous and before people bitch at me I also defended Britney Spears when she made her "comeback" at an award show a few years back and people called her fat. I can't stand when people call Christina Aguilera fat. My god she's a woman who's had kids. get off it.  Fact is Axl is NOT fat END OF.

Also for some reason feel a  sense of pride having no clue what Axl sounded like at the bridge port shows. In fact I forgot those shows even took place untill my brother of all people asked me if I saw/heard it and he reported to me that Axl sounded like shit. Meh. I watched a few clips from the first Vegas show. Sounded pretty good to me. We all know by now Axl is gonna have good nights, bad nights, great nights, and awful nights. He's Axl Rose. Deal with it I guess.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Well my previous posts in this area weren't to talk about axl weight. Not in the slightest. I don't judge people by their weight when it comes to talent. I'm trying to lose weight myself; so I have no room to talk when it comes to that. I just was impressed with the performances and hoping for some good changes to the current GNR to show what they are truly capable of. I apologize if I was being misunderstood.  Don't want to be a part of any argument. Just like posting my thoughts and being part of a good discussion with cool individuals that are nice to talk to. 19

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

sfgln4.png
281c495.jpg

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

A professional artist can't afford such a shitty night he did at the Bridge School Benefit. C-A-N-T. It wasn't a bad night. It was awfully disastrous and an assault against Guns N' Roses nad his own legacy. Even my dogs sing better than he did. He would have been beaten to death at a karaoke night for sure.

Professionals have shitty nights.  It happens to them all.  Some more than others, yes.  But if you want to pretend that it's only Axl, be my guest.  We've beaten the Bridge School performance to death.  We all agree it wasn't good.  Let's move on.  The other night was great.  You don't want to listen to it, fine.  You'll just have to take my word for it and you can go on thinking the man can't sing anymore because that's the last thing you've heard.

Board footer