You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: DUFF MCKAGAN's 'It's So Easy And Other Lies' Book To Be Turned Into Do

Mikkamakka wrote:

DUFF MCKAGAN's 'It's So Easy And Other Lies' Book To Be Turned Into Documentary

Nov. 1, 2012
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=181698

Rainstorm Entertainment has announced that it will produce the biographical documentary "It's So Easy And Other Lies", which will be directed and produced by Christopher Duddy ("Cougar Club"). The film will be produced by Steven G. Kaplan ("The Big Empty", "F*CK" and "Sunset Strip") for Rainstorm Entertainment, and by former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan, whose life story the film is based on. The start date is scheduled for later this year. Executive producers include Daniel Zirilli ("Locked Down"), Joe Mundo ("Sunset Strip"), Christopher Shelburne and Kati Thomson ("Sunset Strip").

The film, which takes its name from the title of Duff McKagan's best-selling autobiography, will document the remarkable life of one of the founding members of both GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER. It is the story of his rise to the pinnacle of fame and fortune, his struggles with alcoholism and drug addiction, his personal crash and burn, and his phoenix-like transformation via a unique path to sobriety and eventual redemption. The book was a best seller in 2011, with the film being targeted at not only that fan base, but to fans of Duff's bands, including GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER and LOADED. Combined, these bands have sold over 100 million albums worldwide.

Said Steven G. Kaplan: "We are thrilled to partner with Duff McKagan on this impactful documentary which transcends the rise, fall and redemption of a rock star and delves into real life issues of addiction and sobriety."

In a 2011 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, McKagan stated about the "It's So Easy" book, "It's not really my story, it's really not even my autobiography or memoir. I think that term is overused. It is a story of some shit that happened to me, but probably not the typical [things] what people might expect. It's not my story of GUNS N' ROSES or VELVET REVOLVER. All of those things are sort of in it, because they're things I bounced through as I was getting deeper and deeper into addiction and finding my way out. It was challenging going through some of these things that I hadn't thought about for a long time. And writing forces you to take your own part of your life, of what role you actually played — as opposed to the one you make up later on."

Duff's VELVET REVOLVER/GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Slash has published his own book, as has ex-GUNS drummer Steven Adler, who released his life story, "My Appetite For Destruction: Sex And Drugs And Guns N' Roses", in July 2010.

Rainstorm Entertainment is a privately financed development, production, financing and sales company. It was launched in 2002 by Kaplan. Rainstorm's mission is to produce high-quality, commercially viable, financially responsible and talent-driven feature films by writers and directors who have compelling stories and unique visions.

Board footer