You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: 11-07-2012 - The Joint, Las Vegas, NV

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Ron starts his solo too soon but it doesn't matter....Axl sounds really good on that one. His Seeker is awesome too...

I thought the higher vocal parts on Seeker sounded off-key and it's strange as it is anyway on the who's version. Axl coud've improved it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally thought The Seeker was really the performance of the night. Axl singing in the lower register really suits him today, like he always has sung Estranged.

I don't know why he doesn't do it with the other songs. I'd much rather hear an on-key, lower register Axl, with great screams, then wheezy Mickey Axl. I digress tho.

Bono wrote:

I really don't get the fascination with TWAT. It's just not that good of a song in my opinion. To be honest I think it sounds like a mess live and on the album.  neutral

I think TWAT is one of the best GN'R songs of all time. Not only does it feature one of Bucket's greatest solos, but Robin's got a pretty bad ass one too. I enjoy everything about. When I remixed it, I cut out Dizzy & Pitman just to see what happened, and it was missing alot. Even their work in the studio version just adds to the depth and ambience of the whole thing. The song just rules. If I had ANY complaint about it, it's that it could use a tad more length just to add to the grandiosity of it, and the biggest negative would be it needs more melody on the front-end of the song. The hook takes too long. But i'm nitpicking for the sake of it. I really think it's awesome.

LIVE

Is a whole 'nother story. I finally heard the boots, and I stand by what i've said -- i've never heard a good version of it live. It sucks frankly. The band is sloppy (ala the old band on Estranged back in the day), and Axl vocally sounds like he's gonna die singing it. He's usually off-key, WAY pitchy, and really sounds like an awful Rock Band performance.

Kudos to them for trying to give one of them most popular new GN'R tracks to fans, but even including NYC 2006, I still have never heard a live version I liked.

Catcher on the other hand was pretty damn good.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I personally thought The Seeker was really the performance of the night. Axl singing in the lower register really suits him today, like he always has sung Estranged.

Agree.  Honestly, never heard "The Seeker" before the other night but I can't get it out of my head now.  Thought it sounded great.  TWAT was solid too.  Not perfect by any means, but solid enough to do regularly, which they've been doing the last few shows.  Good sign.  Thought CITR was really good too, so I'm glad to see that's stayed in the set.  Now if they could work in "If The World" and others?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

After seeing that they're actually mixing it up, I'll definitely have to make my way to one of these shows.

Get the $40 GA tickets in the balcony.  Sound is great and you can get pretty close to the stage on the side.  It's not quite as good as being up in front, but you can't beat the price.

Already saw 'em up close for New Years, so I will probably go this route. Thanks for the suggestion!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I can't believe how many of you never heard The Seeker before GN'R performed it.

The Seeker is kind of a classic Who song. It's not that deep of a cut. It's on their Greatest Hits.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

As someone who loves Bucket's TWAT solo, I have to give a lot of credit to Ron. He did a great job.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

not really a "Who" fan either.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Bono wrote:

I really don't get the fascination with TWAT. It's just not that good of a song in my opinion. To be honest I think it sounds like a mess live and on the album.  neutral

Agree. Its def the "Cheerleader Effect" in my opinion. the solos get vastly overrated because its head and shoulders above the rest of the album which contains pretty average-above avg solos.

Lyrics are bad, song is clunky and seems circle into square trying to fit melodies over music that doesn't really fit I.E. the chorus etc.

Outro is good but misses its "Orgasm" moment when Axl is at the height of his scream and the guitar solo drops down low.    Slash/Axl combo is so great cause Slash's solo intensity always matched Axl's vocal intensity at the best times giving u the ear Orgasm: SCOM during the Where Do we go's , November Rain outro etc etc etc etc

Bucket's solo is really good but takes a back seat to Axl's vocal just as u get ready to blow your proverbial load.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

not really a "Who" fan either.

just please don't ever compare Bon Jovi to The Who....I can live with the rest of your cheese but never go there. mad

Board footer