You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Velvet Revolver to Reunite in 2013 Says Weilamd

-D- wrote:

CB has that AFD vibe. Not as good but run with each and u get same adrenaline bounce in ur step

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah it's interesting.

I'd always thought a large part of the "danger" vibe at GNR shows back in the day came from Axl.

But I must say VR gigs had a certain aura about them too. Not danger as such but something kind of immense.

I think it's just chrisma overload maybe - but you put Slash and Duff and Matt in there and there's just a feel to things.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they get back together to make another Libertad... don't fucking bother, thanks.

Now if they want to make an album full of Set Me Free's and Sucker Train Blues and Messages... i'm listening.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like a few tracks of libertad...but it doesn't hold a candle to Slash 2010 or AL.....but I'd welcome a VR reunion as long as they don't neuter slash's solos and input.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Libertad is by far my favorite post GnR Slash album.  Nothing else is even close to be honest.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well that explains you not liking good stuff... like Chinese Democracy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Well that explains you not liking good stuff... like Chinese Democracy.

If that's good stuff, I'm glad I have bad taste.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Libertad is by far my favorite post GnR Slash album.  Nothing else is even close to be honest.

Really? A few ok guitar solos aside, it's by far Slash's blandest guitar playing on any post GNR release.

I honestly don't get the love for some people have for Libertad. It's a really bland album to my ears.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Really? A few ok guitar solos aside, it's by far Slash's blandest guitar playing on any post GNR release.

I honestly don't get the love for some people have for Libertad. It's a really bland album to my ears.

I agree, BUT on the same line I rate Apocalyptic Love along the same lines as Libertad.  I just haven't been able to get into that album.  Both albums have a few good songs, some I could care less about.  They're equal to me.  Contraband was by far Slash's best post GNR work to me.  Everything since then has fallen short.

Board footer