You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Velvet Revolver to Reunite in 2013 Says Weilamd

monkeychow wrote:

Anastasia destroys anything of VR's to me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Anastasia destroys anything of VR's to me.

Anastasia and Standing in the Sun are KILLER tracks.  But the rest of AL doesn't really do anything for me.  Contraband was much more balanced and enjoyable, to me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To me contraband is a wicked album.

But some of it is begging for proper guitar solos - like Superhuman. Put that on snakepit and it would have a guitar outro.

Also - scott writes cool hooks but there's always 2 or 3 too many repeats in the song (eg Dead and Bloated by STP, Big Machine by VR  - good songs but it's like same lyrics x 30)

Still duff and matt sound good.

But I think the VR boys did minimise slash's style. Ghost is way better than the VR demo of the same track.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

AL deserves repeated listening.
I found the record oddly sterile despite the stellar guitar work but I've come to appreciate it more and more.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I was flipping stations yesterday and caught Standing On The Sun right when the solo started. I immediately started digging it and as the solo wrapped up, I thought "Well whoever that was is a bad ass". The Myles came in and I saw this in my head: 21

That happened to me once in the middle of GNR's KOHD on the radio...

Then Axl came in and my friend looked at me and was like "some GN'R fan you are".

I was so embarassed. It just didn't register. My brain misfired.

Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

AL deserves repeated listening.
I found the record oddly sterile despite the stellar guitar work but I've come to appreciate it more and more.

Yes Sterile! I totally understand that and feel much the same about it to be honest!

So sterile in fact that the idea of repeated listening grates with me. I love slash's post gnr work but this is just not on par for me.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I say swap Scott for Axl in new gnr and Axl in velvet revolver and see who does better!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Scott was in new GN'R, they'd be playing bars.

If Axl was in VR, they'd be playing stadiums, even if Axl was singing Scott's songs.

'nuff said

Board footer