You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Jason Newsted: 'It's Taken Me 12 Years To Get Over Metallica

polluxlm wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
-D- wrote:

Hows that Echo Brain working out for u?

What a dummy

Huh?

Because he did something that wasn't commercially successful, he's a dummy?

No, but if you regret it for 12 years you might be. That just makes it sound like he had a tantrum and made a decision he didn't really want to make. Like our clever friend Matt Sorum.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Listen, sometimes u have to realize who and what u are.

Matt Sorum has no chance of a career on his own, Newsted no chance. U fucking play bass and are very fortunate getting Metallica gig. so shut up and enjoy it.

U aint fucking Paul McCartney.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

^ because he was treated like shit for years and had little to no creative input into Metallica.

It's sad that it took Jason leaving for the band to actually get their shit together.

Sad but true.

-D-

-D- wrote:

i think "Like Shit' is a little harsh. took an unknown guy, made him world famous and rich beyond his wildest dreams... wish someone would treat me like shit.

He joined Metallica, an already successful group, look what happened when they tried to allow input.. u got St Anger...

no thanks

do what makes u great.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Why did Matt make a decision he didn't want to make?

I think Matt probably did better as a partner in VR - contraband went double platinum - and the massive tours that followed, than he would have as employee drummer of GNR during the silent periods.

I'm sure he'd like to be part of an Axl/Slash GNR reunion - but I think financially he probably made the right call - GNR ended up doing nothing for 10 years - then releasing 1 album - then playing about as many shows in 6 years as Slash does in 1 year - without making another album either - from Matt's POV - i think quitting worked out better for him than staying would have.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Possibly, but if a project with Slash doesn't take off again he's back to doing nightclubs. The GN'R gig guarantees him income for maybe 30 years (from then). And he'd still be able to do stuff in down times.

He's never said he regretted it so it's only speculation, but he never came off as a guy that cared a whole lot what the music was, and it isn't like CD would be alien to him. That and the whole way things went down smelled of expecting Axl to eventually cave and bring him and Slash back. At least that was Slash' intention. He's the replacement drummer, what's the point of making "a stand"?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

Yeah but as said earlier.. if it takes u TWELVE years???

Shit, I got over my Dad's death in 4..... so we are talking TWELVE YEARS!!! he fucked up.

He was unhappy due to his EGO and feeling inadequate cause he wasn't contributing but thats his own headtrip.

he should've thanked James,Lars and Kirk everyday for picking him.

He got the big head and thought he was more famous/better than he was.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bottom line...

Hetfield was a fucking asshole in the situation

But Newstead was a dumbass as well. I don't understand why he challenged James authority for no reason. It was a stupid move, and more than likely he'll never ever be in Metallica ever again. They're pretty tight with Rob.

Board footer