You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chris Cornell: "Guns N 'Roses were all normal types minus one"

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...it's like I'm pretty into the Slash Solo project...but I was thinking the other day....while it's amazing the shit myles can pull off live...the full slash-hits setlist (gnr/snakepit/solo) is pretty challenging live but he sings crazy song after crazy song like it's easy....but what's missing is that Axl chemistry...myles musically I really like but he doesn't have that dangerous - living entirely in the music - vibe that Axl has when he's up there. There's a charisma to Axl or something.

Also happens between Slash/Duff/Matt - I like the songs on AL more than VR...but VR has that instrumental vibe of those guys together...even though Slash's current drummer and bass player are great in their own way. But there's a mojo with old GNR.

I have doubts about Axl's voice based on recent shows. But...if he could train or do whatever is needed to return to his 2006 voice  (if it's possible)...then you'd see some shit....the Axl that was pulling off those epic screams and things....put that monster in with Slash's roided up 2012 guitar playing and you'd see some fucking serious GNR damage going on!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've heard Axl still be Axl, even in 2012. He still has it. The best thing for him vocally to do right now would be studio, but Uni doesn't want it sans the old band and I don't blame them. Axl could do take after take and sound fine.

As for live, like I said, Axl's still got it. You can hear moments on YouTube. HE NEEDS REST. He needs time to keep his vocals warm, but rested and just take a break, do some training. He hasn't lost it. He does that, and then gets with the Barry Bonds-version of Slash... fuck... call Soundgarden and have them open for GN'R again. That'd be a fucking show to die to in 2013.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Isn't it ridiculous that we are talking about our wishes how a 50 years old musician can become professional, or at least semi-professional?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The problem is, with this tour Axl has shown he is a professional. He seems to be the happiest he's ever been.

The issue is, he has the tools to BE a professional, it's that constantly "wtf" thing of why he continues to not be. I normally would be the first person saying "the future is progressing towards the future", but in GNR's case and in Axl's case, his future (like his setlists) are in the past. I assure you, Axl will never be able to move forward with GN'R until he moves backwards. Uni is not gonna budge without a reunion, the band wants it, the fans want it, and if Axl EVER wants to record again and release anything under that original deal, he's gonna have to rebuild the brandname of Guns N' Roses as a viable entity and that means -- reunite.

His only other option is tons and tons of promo, and shaking hands, and kissing ass and licking balls and doing what Slash has been doing for 20 years... and even with that option -- I think Axl choses the easy reunion route rather than giving away any more of his dignity.

Board footer