You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GN'R Filming: How is it financed?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The band pays for it, unless they made a deal for a production company to film it specifically for a release.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Probably it comes from the costs of the concert.

Says GN'R cache is 600k per show. The film company charges 30k per show filmed. GN'R provides travel and accomodation, they're hired as "crew" and the concert is sold for like, 630k or GN'R goes down a little and the concert still costs 600K, they arrange a "volume" pack with the film crew and every concert goes below to 20k, so GN'R gets paid 580 per concert and still get all concerts filmed, so they can use it for videos, docs and possible dvd released that'll never see the light of day.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I've always been of the opinion he is not as flushed with money as people think.  Sure he's not exactly one step from living on the street but Im guessing he's not in the position where financial considerations aren't a big factor in his decision making.

Interesting posts from Marc Canter recently on mygnr hinting at this also:

The life style that they lead takes a lot on money to keep up

Those lists are Bullshit. Steven lives month to month. It cost a lot every month to pay the mortgage for their house. They have many people working for them that they have to pay. Hotels can cost 3 to 5 thousand a day. You have no idea what it could cost them each month to function the way they do. What ever you think it is times it by 5 and you might to almost there.

Wasn't there also stuff on the memory stick about band members not getting paid.  Think also about the Robert John incident and trying to get his money that was apparently owed.  Was it an oversight or was it whoever was managing the purse strings trying to juggle their cashflow by delaying payment.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is he only talking about Axl there? I don't see any of the other guys having a lot of people working for them. Then again Axl doesn't have a mortgage anymore does he? Been living the same place for 20 years?

Some of them are probably spending most of what they're taking in, these days. Can't be any other reason why a guy that doesn't particularly like touring has been doing it for almost 6 years straight.

The question is do they have "their own money" stashed away? I'd assume Izzy and Duff does. Steven no. Slash and Axl, who knows, but I doubt all that superbowl money and publishing cash went straight to hookers n blow, or maid bills for that matter.

And if Steven is getting by with the royalty checks he's not really living month to month. Those will keep coming for a long time. How could he? He doesn't appear to have a whole lot of steady work.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This is the stuff I love getting into the most.
How much does being Axl Rose or Slash cost?

On Stern, Scott Weiland said that he has to pay his ex wife Mary $60K A MONTH. I would put Scott a peg below Axl in terms of scale of assets and ticket draw so he must be a whole other level above again.

I agree with Pulluxlm, Steven cannot be hurting that badly, AFD is still selling. I do recall Metal Sludge interviewing one of Steven's ex bandmates from Adlers Appetite  and he said that Steven was comfortable from royalties and can live without working. 

If anone has any material published that looks at the financial side of any of the members I would LOVE to see it here.
Cheers!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
misterID wrote:

The band pays for it, unless they made a deal for a production company to film it specifically for a release.

But that begs the question (at least in my mind): How could Axl need to tour constantly due to lack of funds if there's at least enough cash rolling around to film every performance then do nothing with it?

Really, it wouldn't be that expensive and the film/video and production most likely come with the stage set up that they rent/purchase for the tour.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

More to the point - whats the point in filming every show if it never gets released!!?

Board footer