You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose on India

Sky Dog wrote:

yep, just don't say anything.....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

He definitely stood up and seemed to enjoy himself with the Kimmel interview. The public and fans want to see more of that side of axl instead of the mysterious rock legend who keeps adding questions and delays on what we truly want to see and hear. It's 2012 already, having a little patience ain't cutting it at this point.  Your band mates shouldn't be the ones taking the heat for the leader's problems. Since they actually care about the fans and want to give us some hope as best they can. Enough with keeping us in the dark. Which has been an understatement since '99. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be fair though...what can he say.

If he says he's working on new music we will begin a countdown clock to the nanosecond that he promises it and hate him for not delivering.

If he says that he finds it hard to write new music because of emotional problems he'll get a chorus of "boo hoo millionaire rockstar my life is so hard".

If he says business problems are in the way we'll respond with "my uncle's dog has put out an album sort your shit out or if you can't just reunite with the band the business accepts".

There's literally nothing he can say at this point that won't get a section of the fan base fired up.

My GUESS would be that the human side of Axl runs far deeper than the rock god he appeared to be on stage back in the day, and that maybe what we get, as disjointed and dysfunctional and frustrating as it oftentimes seems to be, might be perhaps him trying desperately hard and doing the best he can despite the limitations imposed on him by society, the labels and, yes, even his own creative personality.

At the end of the day he's human like the rest of us. Maybe things happen because he struggles with stuff more than we know or understand.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

To be fair though...what can he say.

If he says he's working on new music we will begin a countdown clock to the nanosecond that he promises it and hate him for not delivering.

If he says that he finds it hard to write new music because of emotional problems he'll get a chorus of "boo hoo millionaire rockstar my life is so hard".

If he says business problems are in the way we'll respond with "my uncle's dog has put out an album sort your shit out or if you can't just reunite with the band the business accepts".

There's literally nothing he can say at this point that won't get a section of the fan base fired up.

My GUESS would be that the human side of Axl runs far deeper than the rock god he appeared to be on stage back in the day, and that maybe what we get, as disjointed and dysfunctional and frustrating as it oftentimes seems to be, might be perhaps him trying desperately hard and doing the best he can despite the limitations imposed on him by society, the labels and, yes, even his own creative personality.

At the end of the day he's human like the rest of us. Maybe things happen because he struggles with stuff more than we know or understand.

Glad to have your say in this Monkey. You make some solid points. We don't know what Axl's everyday life entails besides the little details he says during various interviews or chats. What claims to be happening and all that. After him saying that we could like to go back and fix the last 6 or 7 years of his life if he could on Kimmel that made me and alot of people wonder what he must of been going through some tough times besides CD being delayed that he just wished didn't happen. He probably wanted 2 or three albums of new material released by now and maybe he didn't want this life and wanted to raise a family of his own and just be a regular joe like you & me. Perhaps he's getting sick of the whole thing or he just loves touring. We can't say for sure. I can't speak for the guy or try to make a guess on what he's going through mentally and physically. Only wish for good health and happiness in his personal life . He appears to be hopeful and happy on what's been happening besides the people at the label being an issue. I'm hoping he fulfills the labels obligations soon and just goes independent.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's better to say nothing and release something!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dunno we had a taste of silence pre-06 and I didn't like it very much.

I'd rather he express himself even if it's thoughts that other may not agree with (eg apportionment of blame) or things that don't happen (plans for multiple albums).

I don't really see a problem with these comments. He was obviously asked some questions by the interviewer - his views on religion, working with indians and so on - and he answered diplomatically within what was reasonable to share without it warping the headlines.

Meanwhile. I've been thinking more and more that the whole known history of GNR shows Axl as a guy who feels a lot. Call it mental illness, or maybe it's supernatural or maybe it's just the natural result of the abuse he took as a kid, or maybe it's just a creative mindset...I wouldn't pretend to know...but my point is we don't actually know what he's up to when he's not doing these albums we want him to make. Maybe he's happy and playing Xbox, or maybe he's morbidly sad and thinking of ending it all, maybe he's just reading the phonebook backwards...there's no way to know.

But I've wondered if maybe the HTGTH censorship, and team brazil's general secrecy is because 'negative' things actually delay things further. I usually don't put any importance in anything I say because why would Axl a rockstar give a fuck about crap from a hopeless case like me. But sometimes I think...maybe Axl does give a crap....and maybe when he says stuff and we react  badlly, or when I make up my crazy speculative theories on GNR, or whatever else...maybe these things just make everything worse.

I hope if Axl ever reads anything I've ever said that he understands that the only reason we all put so much pressure on him is because his work has changed our lives for the better. But I dunno...I'm thinking maybe it's time I cut him a little more slack.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Axl Rose, the lead vocalist of Guns n' Roses, who are all set to perform in Delhi on December 12, talks about what's in store for their fans in India.

On performing in India
I've always wanted to play in India. We've tried to make that happen but for whatever reasons it just didn't work out. We're all looking forward to coming there and performing for everyone." When asked if he plans to travel to places apart from the cities he's performing in, he replies, "That would be great! I'm sure the rest of the guys and crew will visit some other places. If I'm lucky I'll be able to. Mostly I focus on the shows but if I have time I'm excited to explore India."

On Indian spirituality
I'm interested in having a personal, first- hand understanding of spirituality and religion as well as politics and government in India," he says. We pointed out that his Wikipedia page says that he had a keen interest in past life regression. Seeing as India is regarded as a spiritual haven by many, was that something he was keen to explore? "I'm not sure that what I personally believe or not is really out there publicly," he replied. "Lots of people say and twist things and have done so over the years for their own purposes based on gossip, hearsay, unsubstantiated media nonsense and even outright lies, especially when money may be involved and/or if they're trying to make problems for others. I do like to explore and consider lots of different concepts, ideologies, belief systems, religions etc, and have an understanding of what others feel, think or believe, but in my opinion, ultimately what one "believes" is their own business."

India as a music destination
It does seem like bands or the touring/concert industry is really trying to make an effort to include India in their tours, more so now than in the past which I think is a good thing," he says about the recent trend, adding that he would be open to collaborations while he's in town. "With regard to collaborations with Indian artistes, I think there's always the possibility of collaborations anywhere with nearly anyone."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ente … 440527.cms

I can finally say...

Axl Ro$e

Board footer