You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Izzy on stage with Aerosmith

Axlin16 wrote:

Ironically, I always thought Johnny Depp should play Izzy if a GN'R biopic movie ever got made. Weird to see them together at an Aerosmith show.

Sky Dog wrote:

he seems very energized....I have a weird feeling he may take a more active role in...gasp...Gnr...very soon.

I agree, and was just thinking that the other day too. I don't know if Izzy's needing money or just wanting to get out of the house again, but he seems WAY more active than before, and playing very public arena shows, something he was seemingly against 20 years ago.

I wonder if Axl has thought of working him back into GN'R as well. Problem is if he does come back, it would result in DJ being fired imo. Ron is needed for Bucket's stuff, Richard would be bumped up to a lead player (no way he goes before DJ), and Izzy would be put back on rhythm.

If Izzy were to ever return full time to GN'R sans Slash & Duff, man he's gonna be the topic of many of Slashite tirades.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I wonder if Axl has thought of working him back into GN'R as well. Problem is if he does come back, it would result in DJ being fired imo. Ron is needed for Bucket's stuff, Richard would be bumped up to a lead player (no way he goes before DJ), and Izzy would be put back on rhythm.

Subject for another day, but DJ seems to be best buds with Axl.  So I don't know if he'd be the odd one out.  They could hold onto all four.  Hell they have 2 keyboardists, almost had 2 drummers.  Axl has always said, and we've always known, that Izzy isn't the most dependable guy in the world so while I'd LOVE to add him to the fold, I don't know if I'd be so quick to kick anyone to the curb to do so.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Izzy should come back for writing and the occasional performance. No need to make any changes in the lineup.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Subject for another day, but DJ seems to be best buds with Axl.  So I don't know if he'd be the odd one out.  They could hold onto all four.  Hell they have 2 keyboardists, almost had 2 drummers.  Axl has always said, and we've always known, that Izzy isn't the most dependable guy in the world so while I'd LOVE to add him to the fold, I don't know if I'd be so quick to kick anyone to the curb to do so.

Yeah but it's not just that. That Axl & DJ seem to be buds.

It's that DJ is Axl's key (in his mind) of cracking back into the Top-40, and I agree with him. There is no way in hell that a Richard, Ron, Izzy-combo is gonna write GN'R hits with Axl.

DJ was brought in to write imo, as absurdly laughable as that statement sounds in relation to GN'R.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah but it's not just that. That Axl & DJ seem to be buds.

It's that DJ is Axl's key (in his mind) of cracking back into the Top-40, and I agree with him. There is no way in hell that a Richard, Ron, Izzy-combo is gonna write GN'R hits with Axl.

DJ was brought in to write imo, as absurdly laughable as that statement sounds in relation to GN'R.

So are you saying, since GNR isn't going to write and release music then they might as well get rid of DJ?  I still think DJ could be viewed as bigger draw for live shows than Richard.

Again, IF Izzy were to take an active role in GNR, I agree with polluxlm.  Have him write and play occasional gigs.  I think that's they way he'd want it anyway.  I'm not sold that he'd want to be a full fledged member of GNR 7.0.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think if they aren't going to write and record anything with DJ, they need to call Slash.

All of those guys are worthless if they aren't writing. Sorry to them, but that's my opinion.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Usually when an album drops (or is about to drop) is when he shows up and does a gig or two or an online interview. Then he seems to disappear again for another year or so 16

media whore!

i$$y

has-been

Quiet you lot 16

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i guess most people would love for izzy to come back, but i think that`s not realistic.
axl said numerous times, that he`s open to jam with duff and izzy, one at a time, and that he doesn`t want to rely on izzy again. izzy quitting the band in 91 hurt him more than anything else i think and set the path for the last 20 years, especially regarding his wish to gain control over the band. and it makes a return of izzy very unlikely.

i strongly disagree with you axlin, by the way.  in my opinion, realistically bumble would be the first one to leave, and in theory richard would be the logical choice who should leave, if izzy returned. bumble is very vocal about his unhappines. dj is buddies with axl. richard on the other hand was basically brought into the band to replace izzy (http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=82  ps: read the part about slash, he`s basically explaining the entire break up there.. )

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

in my opinion, songwriting-wise bumble is the weak link. but i`d love to be proven wrong on that..

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
WARose wrote:

in my opinion, songwriting-wise bumble is the weak link. but i`d love to be proven wrong on that..

I wouldn't say Bumble is weak, but his style shown from his solo work, does not suit GN'R at ALL.

Sounds like he would be better off writing music for System of a Down as opposed to Guns.

Board footer