You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Musical Hack Attacks Article (Get In The Ring)

AtariLegend wrote:

"And in the album track Get In the Ring, Guns N' Roses achieved a unique treble with a lyric that a) moaned about the press, b) named specific writers and publications and c) challenged them to a fight. "And that goes for all you punks in the press / That want to start shit by printin' lies instead of the things we said / That means you, Andy Secher at Hit Parader / Circus Magazine / Mick Wall at Kerrang! / Bob Guccione Jr at Spin / What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more pussy than you? / ... / Get in the ring motherfucker / And I'll kick your bitchy little ass / Punk".

Alas when karate expert Bob Guccione Jr agreed to actually meet Axl Rose in the ring, the rocker was not forthcoming and no fisticuffs actually occurred."

Source: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/ … tacks.html

Thanks To "Alpachiris" At MYGNR

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

It still pisses me off that they ruined that riff with those lyrics.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

haha no doubt....i mean at first that song rocked...but now that the joke wore off its a shame that such an amazing riff was used as a joke sad

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

haha no doubt....i mean at first that song rocked...but now that the joke wore off its a shame that such an amazing riff was used as a joke sad

Yeah, when it first came out and I was 14 it was pretty cool.  Hey, they yell FUCK a lot. 

Once I got a bit older the ridiculousness of it comes out pretty easy.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The track certainly did not stand the test of time.  As mentioned, when we were younger we thought it was great, but the rant comes off as immature and lame now.  It's just telling people to fuck off and suck dick.  No fun in that... it could've been far more creative.  Take a lesson from Wesley Willis.

The music was fantastic though.  It's a shame.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree, I really like the song (rant aside) and on HTGTH I was one of the few who would put it on in the "What if UYI was 1 album" thread. But yeah, the rant is pretty lame, and useless. It would have been alot better if he went into some Zach De La Rocha/Rage Against the Machine type chant. That kinda shows the separation in angst grunge took vs. UYI. Rage chanted "Fuck You I won't do what you tell me...." 13 times. Cobain sang "I love myself  I'm better than you" Vedder sang "Jeremy spoke in class today" whereas GITR went on about reporters printing "lies in the media, starting controversy" that 13 year olds got into.

Board footer